Answered

products not able to connect to Sonos system

• 1 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I get a message via Sonos app saying ‘products can’t connect to Sonos system’

I’ve tried the ‘fix now’ options e.g. switch products off & on, and unplugged router, left for a few minutes then switched back on, but still doesn’t resolve the issue, so does anyone have an answer please? 

Please note that these 3 products (2 x play 2 & sound bar) have previously been connected and have worked fine. Also, Sonos recognises the products, but still not able to connect. 

Lastly, I have another product (play 3) in a different room that works fine. 

Appreciate your help/advice 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 May 2023, 03:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Unfortunately, there’s just not enough information to be confident of an answer. Are you using S1 or S2? When you rebooted your router, were the Sonos devices unplugged? Are any of your devices wired directly to your router? Is the Sonos software current? What device are you running your controller on, and what OS is it running? What kind of router (make and model) do you have, and what type of signal is it using?

Do the ‘missing PLAYBAR and PLAY:1s’ (there is no such thing as a Play 2) still play the television signal that is connected via an optical cable?

I have a similar problem. Everything was working fine then I lost my sub mini and my two SL1’s. I’ve tried the reboot method a dozen times and still can’t get them connected. The Arc still works fine. Anyone got a fix please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If the SL’s are set up as surrounds, they - and the Sub - will be using a direct 5Ghz link to the Arc. Either something is interfering with this link, or you have turned off (the stupidly named) “wifi” in the Sonos app, disabling the 5Ghz link.