Answered

Problems with updating S2 controller

• 13 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

The S2 controller constantly prompts me for an update, however, when I try to update I get a “An unexpected error occurred. Please try again” 

icon

Best answer by Error when updating S2 29 June 2023, 12:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

probably a network issue, try reinstalling the app

Badge

Sorry for the late reply - it worked!
Thanks! :)

This happens (Unexpected error) every time there is an update. Reinstalling is a very poor way to keep it up to date.

Badge

I found this answer in another thread:

Best answer by LordAttilas

I had the same issue for some time in MacOs. Yesterday I found that you need to authorize the “Sonos Installer” under System Settings → Privacy & Security → App Management. Once I allowed it I was able to use the auto update from the Sonos app itself.

I had the same problem but instead of coming here, I deleted the app. Now, I can’t find a direct download for S2. I see the path to upgrade from S1 but I also deleted S1. S2 is not listed in the Mac App Store for my MacBook Air M2. 

Is there a direct download link here somewhere? 

thanks!

Disregard…, I found it!

For those looking for this, and run across this thread, the place to download Sonos is here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads