Answered

Problem with playing Amazon music albums and adding them to queue

• 21 January 2023
  • 8 replies

In the past few days I’ve notice a problem with Amazon Albums. You can select play, but only one track will play, before it starts to play other tracks from other albums. They are not completely random. Its almost as if it is stuck in a ‘play other tracks like this’ mode. Also, I can’t add the album to the queue. This appears only to be a problem with Amazon music. Any ideas on what's gone wrong or how to fix it? (I’ve tried reinstalling Amazon music)

icon

Best answer by tjw_78 23 January 2023, 11:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

This is due to changes Amazon have made to their Prime music service.

You need a paid subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited if you want to play albums in order, otherwise related artists/songs will play next.

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/feed/0D56Q0000AIXzAoSQL

Prime members can shuffle play any artist, album, or playlist from our expanded music catalog and discover new music based on your likes.

Ok, thats fine for Amazon Music, but what about your own music that you’ve uploaded to Amazon ‘My music’. Surely they can’t restrict access to this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Ok, thats fine for Amazon Music, but what about your own music that you’ve uploaded to Amazon ‘My music’. Surely they can’t restrict access to this?

What did Amazon say when you asked them?

What did Amazon say when you asked them?

When I finally found and got though to customer services, the representative admitted I had a good point, that it shouldn’t be like this, and that he would escalate the issue. Waiting to hear more

Userlevel 7

Based on @melvimbe’s comment in the following thread, the inability to play purchased music from Amazon is not restricted to Sonos, so can’t imagine that Amazon are not aware of the issue.

Update from Amazon - essentially they acknowledged the problem, and said if enough people complain they will do something about it… 

In the meantime, is there anywhere I can upload my music to the cloud, and then play it via Sonos, without ridiculous fees?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

A local NAS works well, I ripped my CD collection to mine.

I’d look for a simple, small but SSD based one for your Sonos music. Can’t recommend one as I just use a spare Raspberry Pi here.