Skip to main content

Hi there,

My s1 app cannot play some of my apple music library albums. All of The albums appear all right, but in some of them, the songs are greyed and not playable.

Its album that i heard for some years back. 

I signed out and in from the Service, but it didnt help.

Thanks, Rami 

Music licenses change over time, so the right to play them varies over time. You don’t “own” that music, you just own a license to play it, and that license can be revoked by Apple whenever the music rights owner tells them to.

If you search Apple Music for that missing album I would guess that it no longer shows up, as it has been removed from their catalog.

Thank you for your reply. The Strange fact is I still can play it with the apple music app, from library, with no problems. Only when i enter the apple music library from the sonos app it happens.

Rami

I am having this issue as well over the past two days. I am also dealing with frequent errors and disconnects from Apple Music in Sonos S2, while it works fine in the Apple Music app. It will play correctly for a few songs, sometimes 2 sometimes 10, but then will skip the rest and say Apple Music is unavailable.

So far I have

-Removed Apple Music as a service

-Re-added Apple Music as a service

Sonos Status shows Apple Music is fully functioning, but I don’t think that’s actually the case.

Thanks, at least i am not alone in this... 

No, you are not. Same problem here since yesterday.

I have started having the same issue the past couple of days with songs greyed out and on occasions get “We’ve ran into a problem. Try Again.”. I also noticed I was updated to Version 13.0 several days ago.  Might be time to disable auto updates. 

Let's hope someone from sonos support is aware of the problem. 

Can someone share a specific track or album that they are unable to play?

Just to nam few:

Arvo part - Arbos

Anouar brahem - khomsa

Ketil Bjørnstad - water stories

Anja lechner - komitas, gurdjieff & mompou

Garbarek & hilliard ensemble - officiun novum

I found some of these in the US catalog, but I have no access to the Israeli Apple Music catalog.

The tracks are only grayed out in my library. When I look them up on apple music I they are not grayed out and I can play them.

Same with me. No problem playing from apple music using "search", cant play the same album from the library ("my music"). 

I see the problem is solved. Thank you all

Yep, same here. Problem solved.