Skip to main content
Answered

Problem to re-authorize the Sonos radio account with the new Sonos app

I have installed the new Sonos app and when I try to use the Sonos radio service I am asked to re-authorize the Sonos radio account to access the service. When I try to re-authorize the account, nothing happens except that I am asked again and again to re-authorize the account without being able to access the service. I have tried to log out of the Sonos account and reinstalled the Sonos app to no avail. Can anybody help me?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

22 replies

I am having the exact same issue, multiple times. I tried contacting support but the “bot” told me it was new and couldn’t help. I tried searching for this on Sonos Radio and nothing, I emailed the CEO twice in the last ten days and no response. Today I responded to a survey about my help through support and told them exactly how nothing seems to work anymore. I have called the support line twice and both times the expected hold time was 50+ minutes. I am skeptical this will get any response!

Exactly the same problem after the May/June-2024  app updsate, Not possible to use or re-authorize Sonos radio.

I have exactly the same issue. Nothing happens after following the re authoring process. It just loops back. Really annoying as I can’t use any radio services. 

Can someone from Sonos give us a solution please 

I have been trying to solve the same issue for several weeks. It does look like anyone at Sonos is checking this forum unfortunately 

I have the same issue too. It was one of several issues I have after the new release last month (even though I did not have auto update on). What really gets me is all of the advertising in the app. That’s not why I purchased all my Sonos gear.

Anyway, back to the issue. You would think that Sonos would monitor this forum especially since the update caused so many issues for so many people..

I guess I’ll have to go to Sonos support to see if I can get this fixed.

What a shame, Sonos introduced new products that look good but let the company’s reputation decline to the point where I will not consider them with this disaster of an upgrade.

I keep trying to solve this. Sonos sucks so bad. Im

so mad at their product here 

Same here. I can’t even stream music to my Sonos speakers anymore. 3 worthless bricks. Anyone got suggestions for an alternative speaker that can be used with Plex music/Plexamp? I’ll throw this crap on eBay, I’m done with Sonos.

Badge

same here, can someone from sonos please respond and provide guidance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @kivoj et al

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

We are aware of an issue affecting users’ ability to reauthorize their Sonos Radio service, and are investigating. We have no estimate for a when a resolution will be available.

In the meantime, we believe some of you will be able to do so from a Desktop controller for a computer. You can download the Desktop apps here. Once reauthorized in the Desktop app, Sonos Radio will work in the smartphone app.

I hope this helps.

Edit: forgotten link to downloads page added

Edit 2: clarified that Desktop Controller will only work in some cases

Badge

thanks for the quick response; tried reauthorizing via a macos desktop app beforehand; indeed no errors but that doesn't change anything for the mobile app; still stuck in the reauth loop

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Capt.MikeB 

Once you reauthorize in the Desktop app, you shouldn’t need to do so in the mobile app. It may help to force-close the app and re-open it.

How to force quit an app on iPhone, iPad

1. Swipe up from the bottom of the device. If your device has a home button, double press that instead.
  2. This will bring up a carousel of all the open windows on your device.
  3. Swipe the app you want to close. It will disappear from the carousel.
  4. Reopen the app.

On Android, press the button next to your home button that shows open apps, then swipe Sonos up and off the screen.

I hope this helps.

Badge

i have tried killing the mobile app; changes nothing; still tells me my sonos radio expired and pushes me to tap the reauth button which ends in a vicious cycle

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Capt.MikeB 

Understood - it’s not thought to be 100% successful, but I did have my hopes up for you.

In that case, I can only recommend ignoring the message from now on. 

I’ll update this thread once a fix has been implemented.

Badge

will keep on ignoring it, what sucks however is not being able to listen to sonos radio which is almost exclusively my default use case

While I appreciate a response, this problem has been going on for more than a month, multiple people have pointed that out on the community. Why does it take this long for someone to notice?

I was on the phone with Sonos support this week for more than 90 minutes including the 55 minutes of hold, he did make it work on the desktop controller, but the ap continues to be in the reauthorize loop. 

Why can’t you just go back to the ap that actually worked?

Thanks for response!
I tested to download the Desktop app and it was possilble to re-Auth Sonos Radio but the Smartphone/Ipad apps didn’t take that information. Still asking for re-Auth. going in a loop!
The difference between the Desktop re-Auth and smartphone is that it asked me to enter login name and password. The smartphone app never asks for that ...

I have been trying to authorize Jazzed. It seems very clear that the Sonos PC App and most of the time the Android App generate the wrong or an invalid URL in the parameter data that these various services cannot work with.

A fix should be fairly simple…...

Regards

Nick

Same problem here, can’t log in to my account :(

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Afraid this fix doesn’t work for me either - had already tried ever since the new app surfaced and Sonos Radio got stuck in an authorization loop. Desktop app never had a problem and still works flawlessly.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Capt.MikeB 

Once you reauthorize in the Desktop app, you shouldn’t need to do so in the mobile app. It may help to force-close the app and re-open it.

How to force quit an app on iPhone, iPad

1. Swipe up from the bottom of the device. If your device has a home button, double press that instead.
  2. This will bring up a carousel of all the open windows on your device.
  3. Swipe the app you want to close. It will disappear from the carousel.
  4. Reopen the app.

On Android, press the button next to your home button that shows open apps, then swipe Sonos up and off the screen.

I hope this helps.

Note: It seems I can play the Sonos Radio from the Desktop App to any speaker or group. However, once that station is on the iOS phone app and I try to play it again a message appears that “oops something went wrong.” Using the Desktop version is not a workable solution. Please update the status of your “investigation” into the authorization loop issue for IOS.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Note: It seems I can play the Sonos Radio from the Desktop App to any speaker or group. However, once that station is on the iOS phone app and I try to play it again a message appears that “oops something went wrong.” Using the Desktop version is not a workable solution. Please update the status of your “investigation” into the authorization loop issue for IOS.

Secondly it used to be I could swipe left while playing music from my library to delete a song (like a xmas song) that function is no longer available, I have to use forward button to move past the song I originally could just delete it from the queue. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

My Sonos system updated to 16.3 overnight and suddenly Sonos Radio now works from my iPhone! I started a station from the Desktop App after updating that to 16.3 too, moved over to iOS and it never asked about reauthorization again…

Edit: can’t seem to find any documentation about 16.3 but, hey, progress!