Problem Accessing Amazon Playlist

• 26 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Anyone else having problems accessing a Playlist with over 300 songs? Is this a Sonos or Amazon issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Lous_8,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

To help you out with this we need to isolate the issue by answering the questions below:

• Was it working before?
  • When did the issue start happening?
  • Can you tell us the exact error message when you tried to access your playlist?
  • Are you using an iOS or Android device? What is the software version?
  • Have you tried using other devices to access your playlist?
  • Have you tried to remove and re-add Amazon music in the Sonos app?
  • Have you tried rebooting your router and all your Sonos devices?

The more information you provide, the more we will understand why you won’t be able to access your playlist. To take a look at your Sonos system, please submit a diagnostic report. Just include the confirmation number in your response. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. We’ll wait for your reply.

This issue started back in the Spring, but it didn’t happen every time. It’s been consistent for a couple of months now. From both my phone and my Laptop (both Android devices) I get the message “ Requested operation failed, Please try again”. 

I removed the account and re-added it. I also reset my router. 

My diag report confirmation number is: 911354024.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Lous_8,  

Thanks for your response and for submitting the diagnostic. Let me help you with this.

Based on the diagnostic, wireless interference was detected in your SonosNet mode and it's caused by poor wireless conditions. You can also find instructions on how to reduce wireless interference in our short video. Also, the report shows audio dropout due to sync errors and an audio playback failure. This could be the reason why you're experiencing audio issues.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting and see if it works for you

1. A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Check the status lights on your Sonos speakers, they should have solid white light an indicator that your Sonos is connected.
  2. Change the wireless channel on the Sonos app
    • Settings > System > Network > Networks > SonosNet Channel > Set it to 1 or 11
    • Observe your Sonos system performance.
  3. If you have access to your router settings, below are the settings that need to be verified. You can contact your Interner Service Provider or router manufacturer for assistance.
    • The auto channel must be set to Off
    • Choose the best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)
    • Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz
    • Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled
    • UPnP should be enabled
    • 802.11 bands should be set to b/g/n
    • Airtime Fairness should be disabled (if applicable)

If there's no improvement with your Sonos system, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process.  I recommend contacting our phone support with your full network setup including the make and model of each device and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.