Primephonic Playlist size

• 27 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I have a Primephonic account, what is the maximum Primephonic playlist size, or number of tracks, that I can play via “Select a music scource”

I am using the S1 app

Thanks in advance for help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +1

Is playing via “Select a music scource” preferable to saving as a Sonos playlist (or not)

It would depend more on Primephonic as to the size of their playlist. Sonos playlists max out at around 65k songs, although that is slightly variable, as it is a memory restriction, and includes some ‘tag’ information in the files as well. 

Badge +1

Their size is unlimited - so they say, but I cant play a large playlist on my Sonos - error 1002

How large is the playlist? Which Sonos device are you starting the playback from? Have you submitted a diagnostic to Sonos to look at to determine why it is error if out to 1002, which seems to be associated with updating, and not with playback?

While I’m generally in favor with the recommended solution on that linked FAQ, I’d go one step further, and suggest rebooting your router while the Sonos devices are unplugged, just as an extra belt and suspenders approach.