Answered

Preset shortcuts

• 15 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does anyone know how to make shortcuts or presets, specifying speakers, source and sound levels in the Sonos S2 app?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 March 2024, 10:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

If you use an iOS device, use the Soro app in conjunction with Apple’s Shortcuts:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

Userlevel 1
Badge

If you use an iOS device, use the Soro app in conjunction with Apple’s Shortcuts:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

Thanks, but I don’t use an IOS device, and I would think Sonos have made this possible in the Sonos App. Or maybe not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Parsec2020 

I would think Sonos have made this possible in the Sonos App. Or maybe not?

We have not - as of yet, anyway.

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, then I won’t wonder if I’m just low on talent.

But please don’t do the “Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!”

This is something I would say to my kids when they suggested to have pancakes for dinner!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Parsec2020 

The above, admittedly, is a standard message that I have pre-prepared for feature requests, but it is an accurate description of what has happened - I'm not going to promise that we will implement your suggestion, as I don’t know that we will. It’s certainly not my call to make. If it helps to know, I’ll also bring it up in a meeting next week, but it’s not the call of anyone in that meeting to make either. My tagging the thread will mean that the next time someone from the product team produces a report on all community threads tagged with “feature request”, this thread will show in the list, and they will presumably make note of it and discuss it with others, making a decision from there.

Incidentally, if you listen to the same thing at the same time on the same speakers each day, you could set an alarm - I’m not sure if that will fit your purpose or not, but it might.

I hope this helps.