Skip to main content

Pocketcasts syncing not working in new app

With the new released Sonos App the progress of podcasts are not synced back to pocket casts. With the old Sonos app it worked.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Yes this is incredibly frustrating!  

In addition to the other functionality that just isn’t in this new Sonos app version like alarms this is a miserable update.   

Userlevel 2

And I am finding the new app very flaky. When I launch it on my phone it usually does not find my Sonos system. I then have to enter the setup and search for my Sonos Amp device and then usually my system shows up and I can use it again. 

Agree that it is very frustrating when an update means a loss of useful features and very poor performance. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Someone also raised this on the Pocket Casts forum: Progress sync not working with new Sonos App

Their response was to “report the issue to the Sonos team”, so I’m giving this topic a bump here. I’ve started a support case too.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Paul, I have managed to uninstall the most recent update for now and have gone back to the old app so Pocketcasts is all good for now but it is another thing that Sonos need to resolve to make their new app fit for purpose. 

@Beeppow how did you revert to the prior app version?  It was a forced update for me. I would love to go back in time…. Did you have to revert to a backup?

Userlevel 2

@actspacey I followed the instructions in the following conversation 

And make sure you turn off auto updates for your Sonos app and then hopefully you can stick to the old app for a while longer until the new one is fixed

Still not working right?  I don’t often go back and forth, so it took me a while to get annoyed enough with this bug.

No it’s still a hot mess.  It doesn’t even remember where you left off within Sonos (forget across devices). If you pause for too long or go to a different source and come back it just restarts the episode. 
Good news that the alarms and sleep timer are back so that’s good but progress syncing not working is so painful.  

NOTE: the solution of reverting to prior version of software is not available if you are on an iPhone so you are stuck with these issues until they get around to fixing. 

“fixed in the previous release” as we used to say.

Still an issue for me. Anyone have a fix?