Skip to main content
Question

Plex search error on IOS, but works on MacOS

• 13 July 2024
  • 1 reply

On the IOS S2 App (S2, buid: 80.04.04-release+20240627.fa7966dd1) , I am able to browse, play content from my Plex server.   However, searching the Plex music library gives this error:

An error occurred with Plex.  Try again later.

The Sonos application (version 16.2, S2, build: 79153290) on MacOS works fine for searching my Plex collection.  I don’t think that this error is coming from Plex.

I switched to Plex for my personal library because I could not search anymore since the May updates.

I am not a happy Sonos user since May 2024 when the new version of the app has come out.   Sonos should have done more beta testing before releasing.    The new version is flaky, buggy and slow.

1 reply

Having the same issue, from my experience, when using universal search, the first time I search something, the plex result displays "an error occurred with plex. try again later", still in the universal search, if I tap another service (ex: Sonos Radio), wait to see the result and tap again on Plex, then Plex returns the result…
Also searching for the same thing twice in a row also works, first time getting "an error occurred with plex. try again later", second time getting search results under Plex.
Would be great to know if it is something that should be fixed in Plex directly or by Sonos. In the S2 app I remember, in S2 you add a setting for the search in Plex, from memory I was using legacy or classic (cant remember the exact name) and it was working perfectly.