Skip to main content

Please Help, my SONOS system may now be Junk after UPDATE.

• 18 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Firstly I should say I am not good at computer gobbledygook.

I mostly used my Sonos system to listen to my extensive Music Library that’s stored on a Macmini. The only other features I used it for were, bedtime listening to classic.fm with sleep timer and a radio alarm in the morning.

Recently my Sonos system became unusable, after the update of doom.

I understand that going back to S2 Is not possible on Mac OS.

Are there any third party controllers compatible with my many Sonos devices ( 6 speakers, 2 Amps, and Boost). We use Apple phones, Apple tablets and Macminis, MacBooks, Our music library is iTunes.

Is there a way of making use of the Sonos junk with my library?

Any suggestions welcome, I am retired and built up my music system think it would last me out but now Sonos seem to have abandoned me, it appears to be so much junk. I am NOT technically minded.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I would at least stick with it,for the time being at any rate,  as I understand reading all the recent shouts from owners of the system, Sonos are going to make further adjustments to this new awful app and hopefully that’ll resolve many issues!! BUT if they don’t do what we the customers would wish to see to be able to use their expensive hardware then we’ll all be seeking a refund I think?? . OS if you haven’t updated your web Sonos app then don’t and stay with the Sonos 2 (previous app) on your ‘puter/mac. I’m not tech savvy either , welcome!! 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Agreed, please see:

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers%2Dand%2Dmusic%2Dservices%2D228995/the%2Dnew%2Dsonos%2Dapp%2Dand%2Dfuture%2Dfeature%2Dupdates%2D6892942

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Something is very wrong with the company

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Something is very wrong with the company

Or, they had a situation where they had a decision to make knowing that whatever way they went, they would annoy someone.  Most decisions made by companies involve some form of compromise, nobody gets up in the morning and says “Today, I want to annoy our customers!”