Skip to main content

Sonos,

I keep giving you the chance/chances to fix things, every time you do it seems to create another issue. I like a lot of others have had nothing but issues regarding playlists. Finally, as of a few days ago all seemed corrected. Today they are gone once again. Maybe it’s just my bad luck, but it is getting old. I had created a playlist for my daughter’s wedding reception, but last month the damn thing didn’t work when needed. Today I’m having friends over for a bbq. No playlists available. And BTW. I use playlists extensively when listening to music. This does not look good for you as a company who is trying sell products. I also own Sonos stock, so none of this makes me happy !!!!!!!!!!!!. As is usual, I’m going to continue (for now) to work with you to hopefully at some point get it corrected. Thx

If you own Sonos stock, and have speaker issues, it would have made sense for you to have registered for the earnings call yesterday, so you could have heard live all the CEO had to say about the commercial impact of the new app and the plans to rectify it…

And ?  What did he say?

Google ‘Sonos CEO earnings transcript’ or for a news summary just Google ‘Sonos results’.

Here’s the press release but it’s nowhere near as detailed as the info on the call.

https://investors.sonos.com/news-and-events/investor-news/latest-news/2024/Sonos-Reports-Third-Quarter-Fiscal-2024-Results/default.aspx

Here is the earnings call transcript, as @Rhonny says it is illuminating …

https://s22.q4cdn.com/672173472/files/doc_financials/2024/q3/FINAL-SONO-3Q24-Earnings-Transcript-docx.pdf

And here are a handful of excerpts from yours truly …

Sonos,

I keep giving you the chance/chances to fix things, every time you do it seems to create another issue. I like a lot of others have had nothing but issues regarding playlists. Finally, as of a few days ago all seemed corrected. Today they are gone once again. Maybe it’s just my bad luck, but it is getting old. I had created a playlist for my daughter’s wedding reception, but last month the damn thing didn’t work when needed. Today I’m having friends over for a bbq. No playlists available. And BTW. I use playlists extensively when listening to music. This does not look good for you as a company who is trying sell products. I also own Sonos stock, so none of this makes me happy !!!!!!!!!!!!. As is usual, I’m going to continue (for now) to work with you to hopefully at some point get it corrected. Thx

Update: Yesterday I closed the Sonos app on my iPhone and restarted, but it did not bring back my playlists. My library was always there, just not my playlists. I closed the app last night, and this morning when opening the app, my playlists have returned. I don't get why this would be happening , but it is back to working again. I might add that Apple did an update last night to my phone. I don’t know why that would have any effect to Sonos, but maybe it did ?