Playlist import

• 22 November 2020
  • 3 replies

So I have moved everything off of GPM and onto a NAS. I am now trying to figure out how to import the playlists. I've tried Soundiiz but the file types for exporting playlists doesn't match the file types Sonos supports. Any other options out there? Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

No clue what a GPM is.

If you moved your library to a new mount name I don’t think your old playlists for local music will still work. All the playlists for external sources should not be impacted as they are stored on the Sonos devices.

Pretty sure GPM is Google Play Music. 

Since you’ve stored all the music locally, you’d need to re set up the library pointers. All your previous playlists would point at Google for the location. 

Sorry GPM = Google Play Music. The Playlist were originally set up in Google Play Music and accessed there through Sonos. The playlists have all been converted to You Tube Music but when exporting using Soundiiz there is only a Text file option, not m3u. The other complicating factor is the text file entries are all pointing to some random code - this is what an entry looks like Tennessee Whiskey;"Chris Stapleton";;;"2018-07-24 02:37";;;https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=l6_w3887Rwo