Answered

Playing music from amazon music app

• 8 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi,

It is very hard now to use Amazon Music App on Android with my 2 Sonos One.

Sometimes, i cannot reach them through the amazon music app (they appear but the app can’t connect without any explanations). Sometimes i can but if i want change from a playlist to another, i “lost” connection between app and my speakers and i go into first case…

More over, since 2 or 3 weeks now, i cannot see in sonos S2 app the songs that are playing. I can pause and resume songs but cannot skip them and don’t see what song is playing.

I can use Alexa’s orders to launch music, use Sonos app to play music from amazon music, but it’s a pain from amazon music app to speakers….

Any help is welcome,

Morgan

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 June 2023, 11:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

When using Amazon Music ‘Connect’ (direct API) the Amazon Music App introduces the stream to the speaker(s) and the audio plays direct from the Amazon servers to the speakers - so what I would try first, is setting your routers 2.4Ghz WiFi band to use a ‘fixed’ non-overlapping channel (1, 6 or 11) and set its channel-width to 20Mhz only.

If using a SonosNet connection, then in the Sonos App, set its channel so it’s at least 5 channels away from the chosen router channel. Also set any wired Sonos product so it’s located at least one metre away from the router, or other WiFi access points.

Maybe see if implementing those few things will stop the Amazon Music playback issues you’re seeing.

Thank you Ken for your reply !

I set my 2.4Ghz WiFi channel to 1 as my SonosNet channel is set to 6. Channel-width was already set to 20Mhz.

My second router is set at 2 meters from each speaker, no way to put it closer.

After changes, i’m able to play music from amazon app to my speakers, that’s good ! But no details in sonos app...

Thank you Ken for your reply !

I set my 2.4Ghz WiFi channel to 1 as my SonosNet channel is set to 6. Channel-width was already set to 20Mhz.

My second router is set at 2 meters from each speaker, no way to put it closer.

After changes, i’m able to play music from amazon app to my speakers, that’s good ! But no details in sonos app...

It’s fine that the router is 2m away from your speakers - no need to move them closer. It’s just a case that any ‘wired’ Sonos speakers need to be moved away from the router/AP, at least one metre away or more. Hope that clears up that point.

The fact the track details are not appearing in the Sonos App is a known issue (including the skip buttons not being available)… no doubt it will be fixed in a future software update from Sonos/Amazon.

Ok i will wait for an update. From Sonos or Amazon or both ?

Badge

I’m having same issue. When I cast from Amazon app to sonos speaker and then switch to sonos app I can no longer see what is playing. Just get generic notes indicating something is playing. It worked fine before. I gather other people are having this same problem.

Ok i will wait for an update. From Sonos or Amazon or both ?

From Amazon, I’m afraid. If they’re even aware of it. They don’t maintain a presence here in Sonos’ forums.