Skip to main content
Answered

Playing iTunes to Play Fives direct using auxilary cable

• 29 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I am out of patience as far as trying to play My Music from Windows using my Sonos S2 app. 
So in the meantime I connected an auxiliary cable from my laptop (windows) to Port. I guess I could have connected it to my Play Five instead. When I play the selected album/songs from iTunes (on my laptop) to Sonos speakers my S2 app shows its being played through Airplay. Is this correct? Isn’t it being played through the aux cable from laptop to Sonos? 
Reason why I’m using aux cable to play my music library is because when I select album/song using my S2 app I get a warning Unable to play ‘………..’ -access to //Mycloud2100/music denied

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi.  I don’t see how it could be using Airplay from a Windows PC.  Have you selected “line in” as the source of the music and/or set up Linein Autoplay on the Port (with the Play:5 room selected as the Autoplay Room)?

Regarding playing your music wirelessly, have you set up your Sonos Music Library?  If so, where are the files stored?  This may help:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos