Skip to main content
Question

playing an artist on apple music doesn’t play the artitst tracks only

• 21 June 2024
  • 5 replies

When i search for an artist on sonos and i select the name of the artist on the apple music service, i get to the artist page with the artist picture and the list of tracks. If i press the “play” key under the picture of the artist like i would  do on the apple music native app on my iphone, the first track is one of the artist i selected  but then it moves to another artists, it looks like it’s playing the artist station instead of the artist tracks only. Basically it doesn’t seem to be possible to access the artist on the apple music service and then play only that artist tracks if not manually selecting them and create the queue. Any suggestion ? 

5 replies

Are you playing the actual tracks, or starting an Artist Station?  It’s easy to tell the difference, it will say the “<artist name> Station” on the Now Playing screen. 

I’m playing the artist . You can see an example in the picture attached where i simply press tplsy key under the artist picture

Double tap on the room at the bottom to bring up the Now Playing screen.  If that says “Burial Station”, or there is no queue, then that button defaults to an artist station, which plays similar music to the artist you choose.   Not at home right now, but when I am I’ll try to see what you can do to play all tracks by a single artist.

Thanks for replying

actually it doesn’t seem to say anything. You can see below the sequence: find an artist, press play, press the room and then press next track

Actually with the previous version pf the sonos this was not happening. And of course it’s a different behaviour compared with the apple music native app on the phone