Skip to main content

After the disastrous S2 update where my Play1 devices just stopped working, I have once again got back on that horse to see if the issue was fixed with the latest update. Please tell me if I made a mistake.

1. I have 3 play1s. None of them were found in the app
  2. Unplug all of them from the electricity
  3. Connect one play1 to router via ethernet
  4. Plug in the electric cord and hold play/+ button for factory reset
  5. Red lights start blinking
  6. Red lights stop blinking and turn into green blinking lights
  7. Go to most recent version of S2 app, to system and click Add Play1
  8. App finds Play1 and proceeds to prepare it
  9. Message: The connection with Play1 has been broken make sure it is on (Play1 was not disconnected). Pressed 'Proceed’ and it tries again to prepare the Play1
  10. Message: Your Play1 could not be installed. Unplug it and plug it back in again, and try again.
  11. Unplug Play1 and wait for 15 seconds
  12. Plug Play1 back in and see white light blinking
  13. White light turns to green light blinking
  14. Click ‘Done’ in app
  15. Click in app “Add Play1”
  16. Message: Play1 is being prepared
  17. Message: The connection with Play1 has been broken make sure it is on
  18. Press ‘Proceed’
  19. Message: Play1 is being prepared
  20. Message: Your Play1 could not be installed. Unplug it and plug it back in again, and try again.

Hi @Batavian 

Welcome back to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having with the new Sonos app and your Sonos system.

First, please ensure that the speakers that you have not reset are powered on. Do not reset them! Even if the Sonos app will not find them, please check using either the Desktop app for Mac or Windows, or the Web App, available at play.sonos.com - you should see your two, un-reset speakers show up there.

We are not currently tracking any issues that match your description of the problem you are having. Therefore, I recommend trying the following (each suggestion is stand-alone and you need not do more than one before testing again, and you can do them in any order - whichever is easiest for you):

• Try using the Sonos app on a different device, if that’s an option. If it is not, please try a reboot of your current device.
  • Reboot your WiFi router by turning it off for at least 30 seconds. It will take about 5 minutes to start up again.
  • Try a reset of the Sonos app: User icon » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset. After restarting, opt to connect to an existing system, and sign in with your account before trying to add your speaker.

If none of this results in you either finding your other Play:1s, or adding your reset Play:1, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.