Pico remote doesnt work with Spotify?

• 20 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Does anyone know if the Pico remote won’t work with Spotify or other services? Here’s the scenario:

1 - I am using the Lutron Audio Pico to control an area of Sonos.

2 - I have “favorites” programmed into My Sonos including Sonos Radio Stations and playlists that I have created in Spotify. NOTE: These were created in Spotify within Sonos...not using Spotify Connect.

3 - All functions work on the Pico for all playlists and favorites (volume, play, pause, etc.). HOWEVER, the center button will not cycle through Spotify playlists. It cycles through the Sonos Radio favorites but not through the Spotify playlists in the same My Sonos area.

Is this a known issue with Sonos and Spotify? If so, what other services have the same issue (ex: Amazon Music, Apple Music, etc.)?

Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @punter16 

Thanks for your post!

You may still get a reply here from someone in-the-know, but I recommend you ask Lutron Audio directly.

I do not have a Spotify, don’t really use the favorites much but do have a couple pico remotes.  My understanding is that Lutron is using the standard API to access Sonos, and the list of Favorites.   Here’s a way you can see a list of the favorites that Lutron is seeing…

1 - Open  Lutron app, Go to Scenes tab 

2 - Edit an existing Scene or create a new one.

3 - When given a list of device, scroll to the bottom (if you have many lights setup) till you see Sonos Rooms. 

4 - Check the box and select a room to play, then the “Sonos Favorites to Play” should be enabled and you can scroll through a list of favorites.  These should match the favorites you have through the center button on the pico remote.

For me, I have a couple a Sirius XM station, Sonos radio stations, Amazon music tracks and playlist.  All work fine.

Badge +1

Hi @punter16 

Thanks for your post!

You may still get a reply here from someone in-the-know, but I recommend you ask Lutron Audio directly.

They don’t know. I think it is a Spotify issue as the favorites work for many other services and sources that are in my “My Sonos” area aside from Spotify. If I ever see a resolution I’ll post it.

Badge +1

I do not have a Spotify, don’t really use the favorites much but do have a couple pico remotes.  My understanding is that Lutron is using the standard API to access Sonos, and the list of Favorites.   Here’s a way you can see a list of the favorites that Lutron is seeing…

1 - Open  Lutron app, Go to Scenes tab 

2 - Edit an existing Scene or create a new one.

3 - When given a list of device, scroll to the bottom (if you have many lights setup) till you see Sonos Rooms. 

4 - Check the box and select a room to play, then the “Sonos Favorites to Play” should be enabled and you can scroll through a list of favorites.  These should match the favorites you have through the center button on the pico remote.

For me, I have a couple a Sirius XM station, Sonos radio stations, Amazon music tracks and playlist.  All work fine.

I agree that it should be working. All of the services that you listed work fine for me and the center button cycles them but the Spotify playlists in My Sonos get skipped over. Thanks for the info.