Answered

Phone Not Syncing to Desktop

• 7 December 2022
  • 6 replies

When I upgraded to a Mac mini and transferred everything over from the old Mac, the sonos app on our Android phones won’t sync with the Android app on my desktop. Can’t see the music libraries, can’t see any custom Sonos playlists that I created on the desktop, etc.  I also have a bunch of iTunes playlists on my desktop that Sonos doesn’t see, no matter how many times I point to the new music Library on the mini.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 December 2022, 10:50

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No solution (sorry) but just to get things straight. The Sonos app on your phone shows what’s on the system. The app is just a remote to the system.

Then: how is there an Android app on your Mac Mini? Do you mean the Sonos app for Mac?

Apologies for not explaining well.  My music source libraries are all in AppleMusic (copied over from iTunes) on my Mac, and I run the Sonos Mac app on there. Sonos works great except it doesn’t import any of those playlists and some songs simply won’t reimport.  That’s issue #1.  Issue #2, on our Androids, the Sonos Android app won’t sync with the desktop version at all.  I’ve rebuilt a bunch of custom Sonos Playlists on my Mac, but none of those appear on our phones.

Is this an S1 or S2 SONOS system? S1 is a gray icon.

Are the network names and music library names of the new computer exactly the same as the old computer?

Desktop app is S2.  I created a new network name.  The new mac uses a new library naming structure from the old mac.  I’ve tried deleting the library and re-adding it fresh, no luck.

I’m not a Mac user. There are some naming oddities used on Mac’s that could be impeding SONOS’s access to the library.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dfmarks 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you are still struggling with this, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, and to configure your devices for you.

I hope this helps.