Answered

Pandora Missing

• 29 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Hello, I recently had Sonos setup in my home and the Pandora service was missing from the list of services.  The technician told me there are issues with Pandora and Sonos at the moment and that I should just wait for you all to get it sorted out.  However, when I search on your site it doesn’t seem that is accurate.  Is Pandora available or not?  If so what can I do to access it?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 April 2024, 19:22

View original

8 replies

There is currently no listing for an issue with Pandora at https://status.sonos.com

I’d do a couple of things. First, check to see if your account settings, specifically the address portion, is properly set up at www.sonos.com. Sonos uses that data to ‘filter’ the services presented to you in the controller. And, it takes up to 24 hours (god knows why, it should be close to instantaneous, IMHO, and not a chron job) to filter through the system.

Second, I’d reboot the router, followed by all your Sonos speakers, on the chance that there was a DNS change not properly propagated through your system.

Finally, if neither of those change the situation, I’d  submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

If you check for updates, your account settings will update on the Sonos system whether there is a firmware update or not. 

That’s something I always forget about. Not sure why I can’t remember it…

If you check for updates, your account settings will update on the Sonos system whether there is a firmware update or not. 

I tried this a few times but it didn’t do anything unfortunately.

There is currently no listing for an issue with Pandora at https://status.sonos.com

I’d do a couple of things. First, check to see if your account settings, specifically the address portion, is properly set up at www.sonos.com. Sonos uses that data to ‘filter’ the services presented to you in the controller. And, it takes up to 24 hours (god knows why, it should be close to instantaneous, IMHO, and not a chron job) to filter through the system.

Second, I’d reboot the router, followed by all your Sonos speakers, on the chance that there was a DNS change not properly propagated through your system.

Finally, if neither of those change the situation, I’d  submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

I read another thread where someone mentioned this so I did it this morning, it didn’t change anything unfortunately but maybe the 24 hours need to pass first. 

Regarding the reboot of the router and speakers the tech that installed it told me I should not do that.  I guess the question is, what happens if I unplug all the Sono’s port and the beam?  Can it throw off anything they set up for me?  He claims that Pandora isn’t working at his house either(with Sonos) and that it’s an issue affecting everyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @LogicalPath

I agree with Bruce that you should reach out to support for further troubleshooting, but rebooting your router and Sonos speakers would be a good idea and I’d recommend you do that before contacting support.

Since there isn’t an outage, it’s likely something else and not a widespread issue effecting everyone. I’m not sure why you’ve been told to not reboot the router as that’s a very common troubleshooting step and generally what our support team would suggest in early troubleshooting steps. You wont have any issues if you reboot the Sonos Beam and Port, you just need to wait for their LEDs to turn solid white after booting them back up as that means they’re connected.

I hope this information helps!

This worked, waited 24 hours and it now recognized the address on my account and Pandora is listed.  Lame that the tech told me that Pandora wasn’t working for anyone when it clearly is.  Thanks for the help.

The ‘tech’ is a human being. We all can make mistakes. I certainly make my own fair share.