Answered

Paired play one’s starts playing by itself randomly.

• 28 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I have two play ones paired in the kitchen and a few time I have come home and they are playing music with no body in the house. 
It also has happened a few times where I have been there and they randomly start playing. It is only this paired play one’s doing it. 
If I select the speakers in the Sonos app I can see it is playing from Spotify and there is no queue for the tracks. I have then cancelled it playing. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 February 2024, 02:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Have you ever had any guests use Spotify Connect on your speakers? If so, it is likely them, since that connection stays ‘alive’ when they leave your WiFi.

The best way to break that connection is to play any other stream on those speakers that is not Spotify. Doing so will stop any previous Spotify Connect that was in use. You, however, can immediately go back to Spotify, but they won’t be able to use a Spotify Connect session until they’re on your WiFi again. 

Ok I will try Sonos radio on that pair and see how it goes