Skip to main content
Answered

Our favourite local Radio station is gone???????????? CJDL County 107.3

• 20 June 2024
  • 8 replies

I get a message that we are required to register an account and start paying  a subscription. We paid thousands of $ for our Sonos system and I refuse to start paying to listen to our local radio Station.  Am I reading this correctly? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Since you’ve not said what/where you’re reading…

Have you asked the radio station about it? They might be able to suggest a streaming service?

Sonos hasn’t started charging a subscription, except for Sonos Radio HD,  no matter how many question marks are used.

Sorry you were offended with my frustrations. Hopefully someone can give an answer as why our radio station is no longer available on Sonos. 

Probably your radio station can. Sonos uses other companies, like TuneIn, iHeart radio, and other providers to give you the option to listen to your local radio stations. It isn’t something Sonos negotiates. 

Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I am in the UK so geo-blocked and Sonos-less, but try adding this as a custom url:

https://rogers-hls.leanstream.co/rogers/til1073.stream/playlist.m3u8?environment=web&args=web_01

I am in the UK so geo-blocked and Sonos-less, but try adding this as a custom url:

https://rogers-hls.leanstream.co/rogers/til1073.stream/playlist.m3u8?environment=web&args=web_01

Thats amazing. Thank you very much. 

Dear Controlav. I downloaded and saved the url above and it worked fine on my Sonos the first time and and a start button appeared on my log in screen. But  when I tried the start button today it opened up with  a strikeout through the triangle shaped playing button and will not connect. I thought I would be able to access through my Sonos App but it still goes into a constant loop. Is there something I missed?  I just want to open my Sonos app and click on the CJDL moniker. Thats the way it has always worked but since Sonos changed there complete system I can no longer play our radio  station. I can play others just not CJD 107.3.