Skip to main content

Older Play 1 and PlayBar wont connect and register since latest app release 80.00.20

• 28 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Older Play 1 and PlayBar wont connect and register since latest app release 80.00.20.
The latest release is a shambles and there is no acceptable reason its so full of errors.
The developer/manager needs firing.

The old Sonos 1 app now tells me to go to Sonos 2 App, which tells me I might have to downgrade my units but thats not working atm.
I have a PlayBar and a Play 1 that now wont register and connect since latest updates to Android app.

When is this going to be fixed.
BTW I am network engineer and my Ethernet and Wifi network is working correctly.
Users shouldn't need to constantly restart or power off/on my router, this is shoddy app coding.

If I cat get this fixed will be looking for a refund 

4 replies

I had to use a wired ethernet connection to setup my PlayBar again. Wireless would not connect.

I have not been able to connect since the update went thru on Sunday. My speakers are basically worthless. The strangest thing is they connect for an instant, I even had music on one, but then the app lost the connection. It’s not my WiFi, all other wireless gadgets work. This is a disaster for Sonos. 

I’ve tried to update my Playbar with wired, tech help and still it’s saying incompatible on Sonos’ end. He said the engineers are working on fixing the update for the Playbar. 

Did you guys have any luck?

Nothing, I gave up and bought different speakers that work.