Skip to main content

Sorry, not sure how to explain this concisely, but my set up (Beam + Sub + 2 x Play:1’s) suddenly stopped working properly yesterday, and now appears as 3 separate entries within the ‘System’ part of the App (see image below)  I’ve tried rebooting my router (SKY) several times, and I’ve also switched each of the Sonos items off and on several times, but can’t get it to join back together.  It currently has the Beam + Sub together, but each of the Play:1’s as separate entries, and I can’t work out how to fix that. Help!

That’s indeed odd, as it looks as if the PLAY:1s were separated from their connection to the Beam, which should only happen if they’re factory reset for some odd reason.

Since they’re all showing up in the Sonos controller, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to go in and “add a surround” speaker to your Beam, and it should resolve it.

If they become disconnected again (which is super odd, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before), make sure you submit a system diagnostic , preferably within 10 minutes, if you can, so the data shows why they got separated, and call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Switching off (power cycling) the speakers shouldn’t factory reset them, that only happens if you hold down an extra button when doing it. Something that is highly discouraged, unless instructed by a Sonos employee. 

Thanks for the reply Bruce. 

How do I add the surrounds to the Beam?  When I go into the Lounge (Beam) (?+?+Sub) entry there just appears to be an option to remove surrounds :-

~ which I’ve been reluctant to try, so far, in case I made things even worse 

Before doing anything, make sure WiFi is turned on for all components, regardless if they are connected via Ethernet.  WiFi has to be on for the connection to surrounds and Sub to work correctly.  Then remove the surrounds and re-add them.  

Fantastic - thanks very much for both replies - just removed them and added them again - so simple, and now back as it was before it all went wrong yesterday.  Cheers guys 😁