Answered

Not seeing Apple Music playlist in S1 for Play:5

• 21 November 2022
  • 4 replies

I am a long time Spotify user with the old Sonos Play:5.  Usually I stream to Sonos directly from Spotify app on the phone (although I can do it though the S1 controller as well).  I have been thinking of transitioning to Apple Music.  I used a free third party app to move around 8 playlists from Spotify to Apple Music, and then I created new playlists within Apple Music.  I added Apple Music to S1 as well.  I can see Apple Music playlists through the S1 app, but only those that transitioned from Spotify; I don’t see the ones I created from scratch within Apple Music.  I would appreciate some help.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 21 November 2022, 03:46

View original

4 replies

A small correction: one of the playlists I manually created in Apple Music is showing up inS1 but not others.

A small correction: one of the playlists I manually created in Apple Music is showing up inS1 but not others.

Just a thought/suggestion…

Do the Apple playlists that don’t show, contain any tracks from your own ‘ripped’ music perhaps? If so I think you might need an iTunes Match subscription - but maybe try recreating one of the playlists using Apples music from their cloud service and see if that then appears in the Sonos App.

Nope.  Nothing is “ripped”. The playlists are just streaming  songs/albums within Apple Music itself.

Dunno then, maybe speak/chat with Apple or Sonos Support. Here is a link to get you started with Sonos Support Staff, but this maybe an Apple issue.

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

If you find the answer then maybe post it back here too, to assist others who may encounter the issue.