Answered

not finding sonos

• 10 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Sometimes when I go into the app it try’s to refresh but doesn’t find my system even though I’m on the correct WiFi network. Then after a while, it will say “unable to connect to Sonos. Let’s fix it”. 

does anyone else experience this and are there any preventions/fixes? 

icon

Best answer by buzz 12 December 2022, 19:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Describe your SONOS system and network for us. Are you having any odd network issues?

Basically, when a SONOS controller starts-up, it broadcasts a query -- “Who’s there?”. The controller waits for a reply, but the controllers are impatient. In this case the reply is late or nonexistent for some reason.\

Have you made any recent changes to your network?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

happens to me, but only recently (iOS app update). But in my case I’m intentionally unplugging it and plugging it back later. From the PC I can still use everything normally, it’s just the iOS S2 that wants to fix stuff.

Describe your SONOS system and network for us. Are you having any odd network issues?

Basically, when a SONOS controller starts-up, it broadcasts a query -- “Who’s there?”. The controller waits for a reply, but the controllers are impatient. In this case the reply is late or nonexistent for some reason.\

Have you made any recent changes to your network?

Hi there, there is a beam and 2 x play 1 speakers all under “living room”. It’s meant to be a surround sound-ish set up. It’s controlled by talktalk broadband, no boosters or anything like that. No other network issues on any other devices. 

I suggest that you submit a diagnostic and follow up with SONOS Support. You can also post the confirmation number here and SONOS Staff might comment.

Some users think that a Factory Reset is the magic bullet -- it is not and the reset will destroy diagnostic data that could have been useful. Refrain from Factory Reset without further consult.

@Ryanh97,

If not tried already, see if switching off ‘Private WiFi Address’ (MAC spoofing) in the network connection properties might solve/improve the Sonos device discovery issue. See attached screenshot.

Also if using an iPhone then also disable WiFi calling, which may also help.