No title and record picture when asking alexa playing song

• 10 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 12 replies

Hello,

It’s been 3 weeks that Alexa, sonos s2 and Amazon music are buggy.

when I ask Alexa to play music, song is launched but when I check on the Sonos app I have no picture, no tittle
sometiles it works, but when I click next on the Sonos app, same, no picture and title and I can’t click

next.

same with Deezer.

of cours I disabled all skills, reset Alexa and Sonos music app

icon

Best answer by Corry P 12 June 2023, 11:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Htep 

Thanks for your post!

We are aware of an issue whereby streams initiated by Alexa command do not properly show the metadata in the Now Playing screen, and are investigating. We have no estimate for when a resolution will be actioned.

In the meantime, you can avoid this issue by initiating playback via the Sonos app, or via the Amazon Music app.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

Thanks for you reply. where may I find kind of known bug/issue. Amazon is not aware (case opened to Alexa support) and route my request to Sonos.

Initiating playback via the Sonos app and then asking Alexa “Next” is breaking the workaround.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Htep 

We do not maintain a public list of issues, but our technical support agents are aware of this issue.

Using the Next button on the app, or swiping a finger to the right on the touch-sensitive panel of a speaker will keep things working properly.

For voice control, you could add Sonos Voice Control alongside Alexa on the same speaker and then you can use the command “Hey Sonos, skip”.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok thanks,

is this bug on the Sonos or Alexa/Amazon side?