Skip to main content
Answered

No Queue on new App

Using the new app, I can’t see any queue at all.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

The queue is not supported on the newest version. What music player takes the queue off their features as an app improvement?

Edit the queue

Userlevel 2

Many thanks OMB! I share your frustration ✊. Best wishes

New Sonos App

This has got to be the worst product Sonos has produced - shall I sell up and buy Bose???

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This is just one of the crazy oversights on the schedule to  be fixed.

And when its back Sonos will celebrate like they just saved the world 🤣

Userlevel 2

Stay sane friends! We are not alone😍

Unreal.  No queue.  Who do they think buys this stuff - casual music listeners?  Where’s my dual cassette recorder?

Userlevel 2

I also cannot believe they left out this feature.  I am highly disappointed in the way they have introduced this new app.  I used to think Sonos was the best thing out there for streaming and controlling music through my house.  I am now having serious doubts.

I sure hope they fix this soon. 

Userlevel 2

UPDATE: Sadly no offer of assistance yet from Sonos, including no response or acknowledgement to an email sent directly to CEO last Saturday.

This has now all been compounded by ERROR 913 (total loss of Music Library). 

Lots of lovely marketing about the new headphones though … 😢

I thought it was me. But reading the comments here it clearly isn’t. The ONLY reason I went with Sonos was the aggregation of multiple sources and the ability to create a playlist on the fly from those sources. Now you can’t do that and when you go to search for an artist there’s no separation of individual tracks from albums from compilations and in random date order. If you go to an artist because you just heard they released a new album guaranteed it won’t be top of the list when you look.  This app is amateur hour and needs fixing immediately.  Better yet, role back to S2 and save money by firing the dev team.  

I share the frustrations of all the other users posting about the lack of queue management. I’ve stopped using the Sonos app latest upgrade and have started playing music (through Sonos hardware) from the native music apps I use: Spotify, Idagio, and Apple Music.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

I share the frustrations of all the other users posting about the lack of queue management. I’ve stopped using the Sonos app latest upgrade and have started playing music (through Sonos hardware) from the native music apps I use: Spotify, Idagio, and Apple Music.  

Likewise. The elimination inadvertent or otherwise of the ability to see never mind manage the song queue is unbelievably ridiculous. Sonos- when will this be fixed ?????

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

One possible solution for those who have been flummoxed by the inability to display and play Sonos playlists and/or create a new queue of selected music: there is a 3rd party app called ‘phono+’. It is free, with a 99 cent upgrade. I had given up on ever being able to recover and play my Sonos playlists. Although I was skeptical this would be the solution, I installed it yesterday on advice from another user and it has been a game changer for me.

I have not tried to edit and re-save a playlist or save a new queue as a Sonos playlist. But all of my pre-existing playlists are now available. They are listed in phono+. I can choose any Sonos playlist; start playing it; and then go back to the new Sonos app to display all tracks in the list, control volume, speaker selection, EQ and such.

You might try the phono+ app. It has restored my ability to access and play my saved playlists for the first time in the months since Sonos dropped the new S2 app.

I thought it was me. But reading the comments here it clearly isn’t. The ONLY reason I went with Sonos was the aggregation of multiple sources and the ability to create a playlist on the fly from those sources. Now you can’t do that and when you go to search for an artist there’s no separation of individual tracks from albums from compilations and in random date order. If you go to an artist because you just heard they released a new album guaranteed it won’t be top of the list when you look.  This app is amateur hour and needs fixing immediately.  Better yet, role back to S2 and save money by firing the dev team.  

The Dev team follow the requirements (presumably) defined by the product team. Either way, what an absolute mess the "new" app  is... Sonos sound is for my needs at least, good enough, without peaking at audiophile levels (which I'm not), the value was the user experience and eco system. They're destroying what was arguably their USP for reasons that I cannot fathom. Hoping a solution is on the way before many, myself included, jump ship... 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Anyone else still having this problem?  In one of the subsequent “bug fix” updates after the app “upgrade” debacle… I noticed that I could at least view the queue again and replace it with an existing playlist.  However, I usually didn’t have that option until I went in to the queue, backed out, went in, backed out, and after about the 3rd try, it gave me an option to replace the queue with a playlist.  Now, anytime I go into a queue I get the error “Unable to load.  Please try again.”  This happens on every speaker I own.  I’ve restarted my system, deleted & reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, all the basic stuff.  Still no dice. 

Is Sonos ever going to correct the issue with modifying the queue? 

Details:  Android.  Google Pixel 6a.  Latest OS & Sonos App.