No Longer Seeing YouTube Music (YTM) Created Playlists

• 13 October 2020
  • 8 replies

I am a premium subscriber to YouTube Music (YTM). I love the playlists that YTM provides and maintains. I have added many of them to my Library for quick reference. Yesterday, all of the YTM created playlists are no longer appearing in my Library through the Sonos app and the Sonos application on my Mac. They DO still exist when I connect directly to YTM.

I spent a decent amount of time with Sonos Support last evening resulting in an open case, currently with no resolution. Did this happen to anyone else?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @WJDavis, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue and for contacting our phone Sonos Customer Care support. My apologies for the inconvenience. Let me help you with this.

Upon checking, YouTube music playlists are no longer showing in the library has been identified as an issue and we are actively working with YouTube Music to resolve this. 

There's no exact timing to share yet at this point and this will be resolved in a future software update. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Don’t trust your music collection to an ad company. Try iBroadcast instead.

Hi @WJDavis, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue and for contacting our phone Sonos Customer Care support. My apologies for the inconvenience. Let me help you with this.

Upon checking, YouTube music playlists are no longer showing in the library has been identified as an issue and we are actively working with YouTube Music to resolve this. 

There's no exact timing to share yet at this point and this will be resolved in a future software update. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Any updates?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @WJDavis, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community.

We appreciate you for following up on this concern. I understand that an issue must be resolved as soon as possible. In this specific scenario, we are still awaiting an update from our engineers for the development but as of this writing, we haven't received any.

Our engineers are actively working with Youtube Music to resolve this. Please bear with us while our team is working towards a resolution. It will be resolved in a future software update but we don't have any time frames to share right now. 

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here in the community.

It’s been two (2) months, any updates?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @WJDavis, thank you for following up on this concern. I know that this issue is long overdue and your experience could've been better. We have no updates to share with you at the moment and we are still waiting from our engineers for the development status. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you. 

I just took a look at the Android App and the MacOS application. It is fixed! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @WJDavis, thanks for your response and for updating us. I’m glad that your concern is fixed. If you have questions in the future or need help with your Sonos device, please feel free to reach out. We’ll always happy to assist you.