Skip to main content
Answered

No longer able to load Sirius live channels

• 26 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Not sure when this stopped working, but I am no longer able to load the Sirius XM Live and Xtra Channels list through the Sonos S1 Controller app on 2 different iPhones and my MacBook. When attempted, Sonos responds with “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again.” This has been gone on for several days now. 

I have no problems loading the channels using the Sirius XM app itself, just the Sonos interface to Sirius.

I can load the list of my favorite channels through the Sonos Sirius interface.

I have updated the Sonos S1 controller app. 

I am hesitant to uninstall/reinstall the Sonos app, as in the past I have had difficulty getting my system discovered again after doing so.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Then try a reboot. First, power down all Sonos devices, then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to recover, then plug back in to power your Sonos devices.

Note that your Sonos connect to a different server at SiriusXM than their application does. 

Having difficulty reconnecting to your Sonos is a great indication of issues in your network. What efforts have you tried to clear that up? Have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Try deleting your SiriusXM account form the Sonos app, then re-adding.  That fixed it for me. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @jgatie-- that worked for me as well.

I am having same problems plus issues with music stopping and/or not playing not due to “encoded” properly.  My live channels will not display in the Sonos app unless I reauthorize the account, which I have to do each time I use the app.  This has been going on for about 5 months now.  I do have occasional problems with Amazon Music but it is very sporadic compared to the daily issues with Sirius XM.  It’s not network and I have tried all the fixes I’ve seen in the community posts. What’s up?  

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it? This sounds a lot like a local network issue.