Skip to main content

I suspect my problems are relating to the new app, but I am now unable to access my stored music on my networked hard drive. My Sonos playlists have completely disappeared. For someone who has spent hours compiling these playlists and with a vast amount of music available on my hard drive I am feeling totally let down by Sonos. I’ve built my whole music listening experience around the Sonos system and 90 % of it has been taken away for this “upgrade”! The app is not easy to navigate, there is no ability to create a playlist, you cannot add to queue or edit! No access to a local library. I cannot believe this has been rolled out with so many functions that were the mainstay of Sonos being removed. Basically all I am  able to do is stream music services only. 
Is there any way of going back to the old app or a “work around” to access my own music and restore my playlists? 

Music Library stuff should be back next month:

I have the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

You may have access from a pc?

I am logged into Sonos on the pc nik but how would I do this?

I am logged into Sonos on the pc nik but how would I do this?

“Select a music source” should offer Music Library as an option. 

Using a PC doesn't work as the app encourages you to update to latest software. 2 of my Sonos products are listed as requiring an update so I can't use these at all because as soon as I select it will automatically update the controller. Under Sonos Favourites on the controller on my iPhone the playlist appear sometimes and then at others not listed at all. We should not be searching for work arounds, Sonos should own up and give us access to the old App until they have ironed out these issues. 

I fully agree. For many years we have had a system that we have bought and paid for. Now it no longer works. 

Waiting a month to fix the external library feature is unacceptable

My music library is gone as well. Its strange the sonos Arc in my tv room has taken over the system.  It replaced My Library as My Sources. That speaker as well has made itself the primary speaker and takes over. Even if i manage to get something playing in just the kitchen, it somehow adds itself and pairs with whatever speaker is playing then takes over the now playing screen and says its the only speaker playing. But then you look in the list of speakers on your system the speaker playing is now unchecked but still playijnf music, the arc in my tv room is checked that its the only device playing but its not. It aways does this. It doesnt matter what speaker you choose, that tv room sonos arc always takes over! So frustrating! Going to research 3rd party sonos apps at this point. Theres nothing that can possibly be this bad

Thank goodness I haven’t updated on my phone because I still have semi normal functionality.  I rolled back the app on my MacBook but still cannot get the library to connect.  And it won’t let me do it via the app unless I upgrade (which of course NO WAY)

I lost vast hours of playlists, lovingly curated, which I can no longer access. Sonos has managed to undo all of the features that made Sonos so appealing to us when we bought it. 

Agree completely. My playlists were all created within the Sonos app, I NEED THEM BACK IMMEDIATELY 

I have found this, but I have no idea what a nas drive is, and or whether it will fix the problem? Can anyone help? 

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/use-a-nas-drive-with-sonos

Same problem, bitterly disappointed and dissatisfied with Sonos, lots of playlist created all gone. It’s like someone has raided my home and pinched a load of albums, scattered them all over the place and stuff superglue in the record player. I’ve actually been in from the start and always raved about the system and functionality, but no more. SONOS, this really does need fixing and quickly, I’ve spent hundreds on your kit and this app is completely unacceptable.

Totally agree.  My library added for a little while on Saturday, enough to remind me how much I missed it and then went away again.  Waiting for the add library function back on the app and all sharing bugs created by Sonos to be gone.  

Same problem, bitterly disappointed and dissatisfied with Sonos, lots of playlist created all gone. It’s like someone has raided my home and pinched a load of albums, scattered them all over the place and stuff superglue in the record player. I’ve actually been in from the start and always raved about the system and functionality, but no more. SONOS, this really does need fixing and quickly, I’ve spent hundreds on your kit and this app is completely unacceptable.

What solution you use will depend on where your library is housed (it’s not gone anywhere, Sonos is read only in regards to the library.  It couldn’t get rid of it if it wanted to).  Is yours on a PC, a Mac, or a network drive of some sort? 

Ok thank you all for your help. After getting so frustrated I decided that I had no other option than to call Sonos directly. It did take about 20 mins to get connected on a freephone number, but when I got through they very quickly fixed the problem. Thank you all for all your help. 

I have a lot of music on a Mac, ripped CDs which a long while back I spent ages getting the album artwork to show on the SONOS app, quite a process. My playlist were made up of a combination of tracks from this and tracks from Amazon Prime. Gone, or appear to be gone. I’m all ears on how to get these back, the point is why should I have to do this. The App is slow, unintuitive and lacks previous functionality. It’s just not good enough.