Skip to main content
Question

No Access to Music Library via router USB since S2 update May 2024

• 25 June 2024
  • 5 replies

SONOS are a disgrace. Their new App has destroyed many loved features.

One feature I used daily and is now no longer accessible was access to my Local Music Library. Promises of fixing this seem to be insincere. What is the point of a music system that can’t access your music!

Whilst the desktop version still shows my playlists, any local library song on the playlist is now greyed out and the playlist just skips to the next online music providers song which is on the playlist (Deezer etc)

Attempts to add the library again via desktop are unsuccessful as the ‘NAS drive etc’ section under the ADD music menu can’t find the Local Library attached to my Router via the USB port in the Router (EE / BT router less than 1 year old). This all worked perfectly well before the May upgrade.

Has anyone found a work-around?

************ SONOS YOU NEED TO FIX THIS ************

I wont be purchasing any further SONOS products until this is fixed AND I feel I can trust this Company again (Which on their recent track record of treating their customers may be never) Their unwillingness to allow rollback to the old version despite Customer frustrations with the new App / Version speaks volumes about how much they value their Customers.

Any help would be appreciated.

GK

5 replies

Here’s the updated instructions on adding a music library.  Note: You will need to use the PC or Mac app to complete:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

Hi jgatie and thanks for your suggestion. 

Not being technically computer savvy, I have in the past relied on that approach in the article. The issue I am facing right now is that unlike previously, when I go to the ADD in Sonos and select NAS drive, the path is no longer showing as an option. It therefore relies upon knowing what characters to type to input the path to the routers usb drive etc. 

I have no idea what this could be for an EE router.

If anyone knows how to find that / has solved this issue I'd be really grateful for any help.

GK

Hi jgatie and thanks for your suggestion. 

Not being technically computer savvy, I have in the past relied on that approach in the article. The issue I am facing right now is that unlike previously, when I go to the ADD in Sonos and select NAS drive, the path is no longer showing as an option. It therefore relies upon knowing what characters to type to input the path to the routers usb drive etc. 

I have no idea what this could be for an EE router.

If anyone knows how to find that / has solved this issue I'd be really grateful for any help.

GK

I would contact EE.  They have a tech support contact link here.  

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee

I’d have the make/model of your router handy. 

Tried adding the "NAS" but now I'm getting error code 913  from Sonos.

I also tried creating a test music folder in Windows and tried to add this as the music source for Sonos. Still giving me error code 913.

They really are an awful company to deal with

GK

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi

I’ve just sent you a private message , but in the meantime did you ensure your test folder that you created is ‘shared ‘

i.e right click the folder , sharing , and click share with everyone