Skip to main content
Answered

"Next Song" forward button disabled

• 19 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello.    On one of my apps, Calm Radio (not Calm) the implementation on Sonos (S2) does not allow me to forward to the next song.    The Forward button is disabled.    Does anyone know enough about Sonos to explain why this is?   My sense is that Calm Radio opted not to provide this feature on Sonos as it is fully active on their own native App, but thought I would ask here.  Calm Radio has not responded with a “why” when I requested insight.   I have not inquired to Sonos directly.  

BTW, I love Sonos and like Calm Radio.  This is more a curiosity question than anything. 

Thanks for any insights in advance.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It’s actually a question that you should likely be asking the Calm folks about. They’re actually the ones responsible for their integration with the Sonos controller. There may be a reason why they didn’t integrate it initially, but I don’t know offhand. 

Bruce, thanks for response.  I thought about this a little more and ended up using Airplay from my Iphone to connect to Sonos Picture Frame Speaker then brought in the other Sonos speakers.    Calm Radio has Airplay working with all the features, including “next track”.    It doesnt fix the Sonos app question but it does give me the feature i was seeking.    Will continue to reach out to CR and see what they say.  Much thanks.