Skip to main content
Answered

New Wi-Fi connection

I’ve recently changed my Wi-Fi, which is working perfectly for all mobiles, laptops etc. I have the new Sonos app on my iPhone, which has identified the new Wi-Fi, however I can only connect to my speakers via a LAN line. When I remove the LAN line, the app states an error finding the products. The new app takes me to the same advice which doesn’t work. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You’ll just have to live with Ethernet cables strewn about the house until Sonos decides to reintroduce WiFi as a feature. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

For the time being

can you reset the wifi name and password back to what is was and see if so os re connects ?

Oh, when was that something they chose to do and why? 

I’ve changed supplier as well so can’t go back to previous 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Its just a name and password

for sure you can

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, when was that something they chose to do and why? 

Great question that Sonos isn’t answering, unfortunately. 

That they removed the ability to edit wifi settings, of their wifi speakers makes me LOL every time. The absurdity of it is hilarious. 

Similarly cannot get Sonos to accept new WIFi, rendering it useless. Can’t get my head round pairing it with Alexa, which now won’t work through Sonos. Any advice? Seems to me Sonos app is clunky and well nigh useless   

Similarly cannot get Sonos to accept new WIFi, rendering it useless. Can’t get my head round pairing it with Alexa, which now won’t work through Sonos. Any advice? Seems to me Sonos app is clunky and well nigh useless   

Change the Wifi and AP name back to what you had before. 

Thanks, but how will that work, when I no longer have that one working? Thanks for getting back. 

in your new router change the access point name and password to what you had before. If you don’t have access to your router or know how to do this then disregard as this won’t work. 

Thanks! I’ll have a look.