Skip to main content

New update has rendered Sonos mostly useless

• 1 June 2024
  • 0 replies

Ever since the new app update on iOS in early May, controlling my system is so frustrating I am thinking of finding a different provider (this after just updating most of my speakers just 4 months ago).

All music defaults to one room. It takes almost two minutes to start playing music in a different room. Takes almost 1 minute to change a song. It takes exactly 52 seconds to change the volume.  The same behavior is happening on two different systems. It becomes very frustrating when you want to listen to something and it takes upwards of 3 minutes to play the music you want, in the room you want, at the volume you want. Note, I did not update my iPad to the latest version and the system works mostly fine. 

I’ve resorted to using my Bose portable speakers instead of Sonos. If the new app update is not reversed or the issues fixed soon, I will send my hardware back and move to a different provider. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.