Skip to main content

The New Sonos iOS app is absolutely terrible. If you haven’t upgraded yet please please don’t. There are so many missing features and bugs to boot. It looks like an pre-Alpha version of software rushed to market without being properly tested or checked.
PLEASE PLEASE  PLEASE Sonos bring back the S2 app for download on the App Store. If I could downgrade I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m a long time user and fan of Sonos products but frankly this is a big miss a disaster. This new app is almost unusable. This is Sonos’s Windows Vista moment. 
Please listen to your users Sonos, negative feedback is everywhere now. Please give us back the S2 app whilst this one goes back to the drawing board or perhaps the trash can.  

I totally agree, the previous version of the app worked well. Why was this version released? For instance, who decided to remove the alarm function from this version? Please give us the option to downgrade, fix the new app and release it again when it has been properly tested. 

This new version is a total disaster. Plus when I tried to go back to the old version I am being asked to pay a monthly fee. I have reverted to use the old app on my cell phone, which I had happily not upgraded before testing the new app on the I-Pad. 

For the time being I am listening to my streaming services and my music library from my I-Phone or my computer, using my Sonos Move as a stand alone Bluetooth speaker. 

Give me back all my functionalities, quick, please!

I completely agree.This new app and it’s web browser equivalent are all most 100% useless. The app doesn’t display fully on either phone, tablet or web browser I can’t choose music to play. Can just about get my Sonos roam to play the last radio channel I listened too and the last play list. Complete waste of time. I am regretting ever investing in a Sonos system. Bring back the old S2 app now. 

Complete garbage. I’ve had to call multiple times to tech support, no answers! Need to be able to go back to old app or my speaker system is worthless. Won’t “connect” keeps playing different music on different speakers and won’t change when I try on the app. Come on Sonos be better! 

Found a suggestion on the Sonos facebook page to download the S2 app from APKmirror. Downloaded version 16.1 as suggested and back to the good old days!. Just have to make sure it doesn’tk auto update. 

Why is the hold time so long, 100 min yesterday and 70 min just now. Why did they destroy the app?

Totally agree

App is unusable for more than one song at a time unless you want to play a whole album. 
Can’t just play songs that you feel here and now only already created playlists it’s absolute rubbish 

It’s never been the most seamless app but if it doesn’t update soon it maybe time for Sonos and I to part company 

I have just gone back to the last app 16.1

All my playlists and local music library all working again, 

Wont be upgrading again until this forum is bursting with posts praising sonos for sorting out their monumental fuck up (good luck with that one as they haven’t even admitted to their mistake yet)

This update has turned my ROAM into a brick. can’t update it, can use it. fix it please.

It's shockingly bad in soooo many ways.

Poor menus, no home button, can't add a network etc etc.

I've downloaded the old 16.1 from APk pure and reverted back.

Sort yourselves out Sonos.

Louisdog you absolute legend. Deleted the new app installed this back on my android and got all my stuff back. Thanks for the help 👏👏👏😁😁

This new app is a total cluster.    Multi-room speaker selections and volumes are not working.  My favorite stations are now in completely random order!   You seriously could not even give us an alphabetical sort option?!!   This is unbelievably clunky and so disappointing…. And my Boost is now useless, sigh.   I have loved Sonos, but this is egregious… 

Truly one of the worst tech rollout disasters EVER!

I am unable to use my Move or Roam for some reason on the updated app.  When I select them, I get “Unable to connect at this time, please try later”

I don’t normally do reviews or write on blog boards but I had to add to this thread to support that this app update is terrible. It’s wonky at best, frustrating on every level and has a mind of its own. Sometimes won’t turn off or on and the volume doesn’t work half the time. It’s not user friendly anymore. And my friends and neighbors that use Sonos agree. It’s making me consider a different system all together for my home (I currently have about 4 or 5 Sonos products). 

Just done the update to iOS app build 80.00.08

This small update brings Alarms back and it has allowed me to connect to my system.

Hope they’re working this weekend closing the gaps.

Small progress better than none!

Can someone from Sonos please reply to this thread and update us all with what’s going on at HQ ref this disaster of an app update . Thank you 

Sonos, you need to fix this update or even do a rollback. I had a working system until this update. This is intolerable and makes me wonder if I should move away from Sonos to another working system. Fix this problem now!

Can someone from Sonos please reply to this thread and update us all with what’s going on at HQ ref this disaster of an app update . Thank you 

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that they dont monitor this community.

Another stupid error

According to this post, and this FAQ article

• Screen reader for visually impaired customers: May 21
  • Adding and editing alarms: May 21
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June 
  • Update Wi-Fi settings: mid-June

My understanding is that both that post, and the FAQ article, will be updated as needed.

According to this post, and this FAQ article

• Screen reader for visually impaired customers: May 21
  • Adding and editing alarms: May 21
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June 
  • Update Wi-Fi settings: mid-June

My understanding is that both that post, and the FAQ article, will be updated as needed.

But that still doesn’t excuse that all these things were working before, “We’ve updated your app but it wont actually work a month or two”

Not really a great idea is it?

Thanks to this new update, I can’t controll my Bass without something like 5 clicks (rather than 2) and every time I try to play music it starts playing on my tv first, or at least pausing it, much to the annoyance of anyone watching the tv at the time. I work in tech in product and I am astounded by how poor this app update is. Consider some new hires for your app team please. We spent thousands on our system and they are actively frustrating to the whole family now. I should caveat that I didn’t exactly love the old app either, it was flawed, but at least most of the time when I checked a room and said I want to play it in this room, it listened, instead of always ignoring my selection and playing in my media room.

Hi all, I *desperately* want to get the old app back, but the only choices I see when I look at APK mirror are Android ones.  How do I do it if I have an Apple iphone XR?  Thank you.

Agree. Terrible few days with this app. VERY frustrating!!!

My Sonos app made me update this morning and it’s so terrible. I use Amazon music service and it only allows you to shuffle 100 tracks or less on your playlist. I have playlists that hundreds on songs that I can’t even select to play. What’s the good of that! I also cannot get the Sonos voice control to work at all. I realize there are always problems launching new things but these seem pretty basic for a music/speaker app. I’m an iPhone user as well. Maybe later I’ll try to uninstall reinstall the app to see if that improves anything. But please Sono fix these issues ASAP. We pay too much for these speakers not to be able to use them properly. 

The New Sonos iOS app is absolutely terrible. If you haven’t upgraded yet please please don’t. There are so many missing features and bugs to boot. It looks like an pre-Alpha version of software rushed to market without being properly tested or checked.
PLEASE PLEASE  PLEASE Sonos bring back the S2 app for download on the App Store. If I could downgrade I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m a long time user and fan of Sonos products but frankly this is a big miss a disaster. This new app is almost unusable. This is Sonos’s Windows Vista moment. 
Please listen to your users Sonos, negative feedback is everywhere now. Please give us back the S2 app whilst this one goes back to the drawing board or perhaps the trash can.  

This update is total garbage.

I’ve rebooted my router, reg=booted my devices, and 2 can share the same music, and the other sometimes runs only by itself!

Sonos, bring back the old iOS app for now!