Skip to main content

Had trouble yesterday running Trueplay on new app so today decided to delete app and reinstall and now I cannot join my existing system at all! It’s says Sonos needs local access for setup but I’ve checked many times and local access is turned on under iPhone settings. Help!

I have the same problem. Old app forced me to download the new app which will not connect despite  following all guidelines. Nothing wrong with the old one. Quite frustrating as still cannot use my Sonos anymore. Poor effort Sonos. 

Totally agree my whole system is now not working since I downloaded the new app, nothing is connecting any longer. Extremely frustrating I have tried everything….please bring back the ability to use the old app. Right now I have a very expensive speaker set up that is totally useless

Sonos needs to fix this ASAP! Not fun having over $2k in speakers and nothing connecting to each speaker. Spent over 2 hours on phone and the rep blamed it on my internet provider needs to change settings.  What’s happening to customer service!!! No 5:1 sound 

The new app will not let me connect to my beam and will only connect to my roam via Bluetooth.  The beam still works connected to our TV but cannot be accessed otherwise.

The exact same thing happened to me - the cr&ppy new app couldn’t find my Roam so I got fed up trying to make it work and deleted it. I then re-installed it in the futile hope Sonos had made some vital updates that might make it work… I should have seen it coming, as now it won’t connect to anything 🤬

I’m thinking to revert to the Sonos S1 app, as that works a dream..!

My roam will not connect now I have the new app.  This needs to be fixed asap.  I am gobsmacked that there is no response from Sonos at the torrent of complaints.  I have never encountered a company with so little regard for its existing clients.  All about the earphones I suspect, but any prospective buyer who checks with the community forum may think again!

Any new info on this as the new app won’t connect to my system as well. Extremely frustrating!!!

I wish I could offer advice, but I’m here to report the same issues as everyone else. The new App is extremely frustrating and not playing music on my speakers. Or if it does, it will only send music to one speaker even if the others are selected and the app shows they’re playing. 

Sonos, please fix this issue!