Skip to main content
Answered

New Sonos App - Timer vanished?

Hi, just installed the new Sonos App. I do not find the Timer (Counrdown to Zero) any more. Loved this function to play my favourite playlist for 15 or 30 minutes when going to bed.

Does anybody have an idea where to find the timer? Or is it gone?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Timer features due “mid June” according to this. 

Userlevel 2

I can t believe this New version, more difficult and missing functionalities. Stop updating just for the sake of changing and think about the customers please.

Userlevel 1

Seriously stupid. No timer in a new app?  
wtf. Morons. 

Just upgraded the latest version of APP but still, where to set the alarm? Keep waking up on holiday due to the alarm set before ....what a stupid APP!

To set the alarms (not, I think, the sleep timer), see my two posts here:

Userlevel 1

I am dumbfounded by this new app update - it’s a nightmare to work  - why add in Alarms when you don’t also include the Timer function. What sort of weird users did they test this app with???!!

Userlevel 1

Timer has gone why I use it every night for my mental health to help me relax and go to sleep BRING IT BACK PLEASE 🙏 😴 😪 😭 😫 

Userlevel 3
Badge

not having a sleep timer is a game ender for me. I won't use Sonos until it is returned

Userlevel 1

WTF, update sucks!!

* SONOS

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 2

I agree with much of above. NO USER needs analysis and testing before releasing a clearly inferior new SONOS app. JUNE? On timer? What’s up with these idiots? Will they raise the price to get timers? This used to be a high standards company. Sad

This latest app update is the worst! One of the most using features the timer being off is a joke!

I’m selling all my Sonos stuff.  3 amps, 1 Play 3, 2 amps.  Is there another system like this that has better support?

Worst update ever! Sonos sucks! Totally disappointed.