Skip to main content
Answered

New Sonos app - playing artist “top tracks” on Deezer

Hi,

After searching for an artist on Deezer, one of the options available is to play their “top tracks”. On the old S2 app this worked fine. I could search for the artist, select “top tracks” and then “play” or “shuffle play”.

On the new Sonos app, I can get to the artist “top tracks” on Deezer, but then it only appears to let me play one track at a time. I can play a track, but once that track is finished it won’t move on to the next one. It just stops playing anything.

Is this user error, bug, or planned feature? Can you advise how I can play an artist’s top tracks on Deezer please?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

69 replies

Have a look at ‘most recent reviews’ on the App Store. Almost every single one is a one star review saying what we have said. It’s like they want to ruin it. 

Have a look at ‘most recent reviews’ on the App Store. Almost every single one is a one star review saying what we have said. It’s like they want to ruin it. 

Imagine a 1.2 star rating of 184000 reviews on play store. You would think these speakers were cheap. Far from it. Not sure what they're doing with all the money we gave them, but it's not going into making a better app.

I am still trying to understand the mindset behind the development of this new app.  Sonos had a great app and now they have the worst.  All those features we liked and used all the time are just gone.  

Finding an artist, going to the top tracks and playing the whole list is something people do all the time.  Crazy to think Sonos would break such a basic feature and not jump on it quickly to fix it!

At least for now, the PC app is still the old version and that functionality still works!  Just annoying that I can no longer use my tablet or phone anymore with this feature.

Same problem, that’s why I don’t use it anymore! We used to have it on all the time. Looking for a new system…

This is a major shortcoming in the app. This used to be a great feature and it is very annoying that one can no longer play all top tracks by an artist in Deezer without selecting each one in turn. 
come on Sonos, sort this out and restore the previous functionality. 

Another person here really sick of the new app and how poor it is.  When I click an artist top tracks why is there no function to play them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a simple thing rather than having to click on after another or select it as a favourite.

How have Sonos made so many mistakes with their new app?  They used to be the best out there and that's why I've stuck with them but over the last 2-3 years I've never had so many drop outs of groups, subs or individual speakers disconnecting whilst playing, phone or tablets not finding the system and now the terrible app 'upgrade' I'm seriously looking at other systems.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Another person here really sick of the new app and how poor it is.  When I click an artist top tracks why is there no function to play them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a simple thing rather than having to click on after another or select it as a favourite.

How have Sonos made so many mistakes with their new app?  They used to be the best out there and that's why I've stuck with them but over the last 2-3 years I've never had so many drop outs of groups, subs or individual speakers disconnecting whilst playing, phone or tablets not finding the system and now the terrible app 'upgrade' I'm seriously looking at other systems.  

Yep... It's appalling and I genuinely hope they're reading all of these comments. 

@Sonos

Yep... It's appalling and I genuinely hope they're reading all of these comments. 

@Sonos

What systems rival Sonos? This app and the omission of playing top tracks  is awful. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Sonos

What systems rival Sonos? This app and the omission of playing top tracks  is awful. 

@Corry P 

I hope you and the Sonos staff are reading these threads and taking note ... 

Please, as Sonos staff can you provide us with an update to these issues and reassure the customers that these issues are being heard and will be resolved. Again, this is important as people are looking elsewhere now, and Sonos products are selling like cheap cakes on eBay as a result. 

Thanks. Patiently awaiting and update...

Having the same problem. Sonos is not providing real app support for their products. It is very difficult to justify buying anymore Sonos product until they get their app act together. My app is also laggy. Is the Sonos ship sinking? Hey Sonos are you listening. We’re trying to and we can’t!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Having the same problem. Sonos is not providing real app support for their products. It is very difficult to justify buying anymore Sonos product until they get their app act together. My app is also laggy. Is the Sonos ship sinking? Hey Sonos are you listening. We’re trying to and we can’t!!

Cc @Corry P 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dnc99 et al

We are aware of this situation concerning Top Tracks in Deezer (and in some other services) and are investigating. I have no further information to share at this time, but this thread will be updated once a fix is in place.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @dnc99 et al

We are aware of this situation concerning Top Tracks in Deezer (and in some other services) and are investigating. I have no further information to share at this time, but this thread will be updated once a fix is in place.

I hope this helps.

Thank you @Corry P for at least acknowledging and responding to this. We would really really appreciate any updates you have ASAP …

Thanks 👍🏻 

This shouldn’t be difficult to fix. Reach into the code base of the previous version of the app, pull out this feature and merge it into the new app. Make people enjoy your products again. Right now, I’m hesitant to purchase anything more from Sonos after this debacle and the time it has taken to resolve this. Get your act together.

Hi @dnc99 et al

I hope this helps.

Thanks, much appreciated response @Corry P - you don’t have an easy job now.  Please let us know.

This issue (Tidal in my case) may look trivial to Sonos-management but to some of us rather silent but long-time Sonos users, this is comparable to having suddenly to restart your oven every two minutes during cooking, without knowing when that will be fixed.

So just as I have chosen ovens that simply work for my upcoming house renovation, I am now looking for a sound system that I can trust will not miss fundamental functionalities in future. I’m happy that I wasn't choosing that a few months ago as then I would have bought several Era 300 without thinking twice.  Now I’m not so sure anymore.

My demographic probably doesn’t buy a lot of headphones but we still have money to spend on sound systems.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @dnc99 et al

I hope this helps.

Thanks, much appreciated response @Corry P - you don’t have an easy job now.  Please let us know.

This issue (Tidal in my case) may look trivial to Sonos-management but to some of us rather silent but long-time Sonos users, this is comparable to having suddenly to restart your oven every two minutes during cooking, without knowing when that will be fixed.

So just as I have chosen ovens that simply work for my upcoming house renovation, I am now looking for a sound system that I can trust will not miss fundamental functionalities in future. I’m happy that I wasn't choosing that a few months ago as then I would have bought several Era 300 without thinking twice.  Now I’m not so sure anymore.

My demographic probably doesn’t buy a lot of headphones but we still have money to spend on sound systems.

Well put. This is genuinely such an important issue that renders the experience totally useless... It's imperative this isn't dismissed as a bunch of whining sods , but more a collective of people desperate for their expensive ovens to work again... 

Thanks @Corry P we eagerly await an update. 

Userlevel 2

I’m another daily Sonos Ap user who feels the same way - I use Tidal as my primary service, and this is a feature I have used often for a long time.  I want to point out that, at least on Tidal, “Artist Radio” has the exact same issue as “Top Tracks”.  These two features were the most used ones in our household up until the “upgrade”.  I’m hopeful these essential and basic features will be reinstated soon, because the workarounds are all quite cumbersome, so I rarely take the time. I’m sure this upgrade has been a nightmare for your coders, but it is also a nightmare for your customer base. It will take quite a bit of time for many of us to regain trust in your company and platform.

Userlevel 2

It's one of those things that seems small if you were to explain it to some one, but in practice it's a huge part of how we play our music (Deezer for me). I literally do not use the system as much as I did anymore, as it's no longer convenient. 

Userlevel 2

Also, anyone having issues on Deezer were the track timer doesn't appear so you can't scroll through an individual track? Only shows the volume gauge under the cover picture.