Question

New Sonos app - playing artist “top tracks” on Deezer

Userlevel 4

Hi,

After searching for an artist on Deezer, one of the options available is to play their “top tracks”. On the old S2 app this worked fine. I could search for the artist, select “top tracks” and then “play” or “shuffle play”.

On the new Sonos app, I can get to the artist “top tracks” on Deezer, but then it only appears to let me play one track at a time. I can play a track, but once that track is finished it won’t move on to the next one. It just stops playing anything.

Is this user error, bug, or planned feature? Can you advise how I can play an artist’s top tracks on Deezer please?

Thank you.

21 replies

Hi,

I agree, no way to read a top tracks Deezer list.

Understand that for me this new version is unusable in its current state

This new version looks like a less powerful, less efficient and it’s look like a light version.

I hope this oversight will be corrected quickly.

Thank you.

Userlevel 4

Hi,

I agree, no way to read a top tracks Deezer list.

Understand that for me this new version is unusable in its current state

This new version looks like a less powerful, less efficient and it’s look like a light version.

I hope this oversight will be corrected quickly.

Thank you.

Thanks @ydyoda for the reply.

I have done some more investigation and the old version of the app would add the artist “top tracks” to the queue. However, they have launched the new version of the app without queue functionality which is I guess why I can no longer listen to an artists’ top tracks. Big disappointment as that was 90% of the way I used my Sonos system and now I can’t 🤬. Hopefully someone from Sonos reads this and when they fix the queue issues then this will be fixed as well. 
This really isn’t good enough from a company the size of Sonos, and which the CEO says that it’s the software which sets them apart!
Thanks. 

Badge

Have just found this out for myself.  Absolutely ridiculous.  Selecting each track instead of just being able to play or shuffle them all.  Was the new app even tested?  Not happy!

Glad I'm not the only one that is missing this daily used feature. Must be a bug. Looks like user interface testing has been giving low priority... 

This is happening with Amazon music Top Tacks too on both IOS and Android.

Really poor show from Sonos.

Oversight? ... You should be running thorough tests before launch.

Planned for future update? .... You should never have released this one unfinished.

Deliberate ommission? ...What on earth are you thinking? You must have known this would piss off millions of customers that have paid fortunes to support your infrastructure.

Playing “top tracks or full album” was my preferred / primary usage on previous version Sono app.
I agree with many that ...unable to do above is dusappointing (highly irritable). 

Request to sono - either upgrade the current version or guide us to go back to previous version.

I am sure there are new features which may be great …… but without ability to play ttop tracks / albums with one click …….I am not motivated to try newer features yet.

Can't believe this. Absolute joke!

I want to add my voice to this thread.

Is there a way to roll back to S2?

I don’t see any feature in the new app that is a major improvement and in the case of top tracks/queue functions we’ve gone backwards.

Very poor.

Agree the new app is awful, however there is a workaround for playing all Top Songs (at least for Amazon Prime, don’t know about Deezer as I don't use it).

If you go to your artist’s Top Songs and then click the three dots to the top right and then ‘pin to home’, you can then go to your home screen select the Top Songs from there and it gives you the option to then just hit the play button and then it will play track after track.  

Hope this helps?

NB - it doesn’t currently add an image to the Top Songs on your home screen so you won’t be able to see which artist each pinned Top Songs belongs to.  I’ve just been pinning the artist and then going through this Top Songs process each time (assuming I want to listen to those).  It’s a pain but at least it works!

I can’t believe that they let this happen. This is completely unacceptable, I figured I just hadn’t figured out the new app but seeing others have this same problem not being able to play or shuffle an Artists top tracks. Someone above mentioned the same thing happening on amazon music and I can confirm the same for Tidal. Also my Tidal playlists are gone. Fix this immediately Sonos.

Userlevel 4

Agree the new app is awful, however there is a workaround for playing all Top Songs (at least for Amazon Prime, don’t know about Deezer as I don't use it).

If you go to your artist’s Top Songs and then click the three dots to the top right and then ‘pin to home’, you can then go to your home screen select the Top Songs from there and it gives you the option to then just hit the play button and then it will play track after track.  

Hope this helps?

NB - it doesn’t currently add an image to the Top Songs on your home screen so you won’t be able to see which artist each pinned Top Songs belongs to.  I’ve just been pinning the artist and then going through this Top Songs process each time (assuming I want to listen to those).  It’s a pain but at least it works!

Thanks @trickydiky. I tried this approach with Deezer and unfortunately it doesn’t help. Whilst I can pin the artist to the Home Screen, once I click on them I get the same options as I had before and when I go to top tracks I can only play one track at a time. Hope they get this sorted very soon. Thanks again for the suggestion. 

Pleased to find this thread as I thought it was just me having this issue.

Wish I could go back to the old app and listen to artists as I used to.

@dnc99 did you try pinning the ‘Top Songs’ itself (rather than the artist)?  If you do that and then click on this from your favourites you should get the play option?

I’m the same!!! The new app NOT intuitive. I went to an artist, then top tracks, but Sonos wont play the list of top tracks!! Only one I select and it keeps repeating it. HOW ANNOYING!!’ I want the old version back. This new version doesn’t queue. I love browsing artists and shouldn’t have to pin something etc to get it to play all the top tracks from an artist.

Our 6 devices system cost me a pretty to install and we now have just the same problem you describe. The inability to play an artist’s Top Tracks (and selectively remove certain ones from the queue if I don’t like them) was a major feature of the old app. We are lucky as the house iPad wasn’t updated to new version and it won’t be now until Sonos fix all the problems they have just introduced!

Sonos Execs:- Next time you plan a major app change, PLEASE, do some meaningful mass-testing and act upon the feedback prior to roll-out!!

I’m the same!!! The new app NOT intuitive. I went to an artist, then top tracks, but Sonos wont play the list of top tracks!! Only one I select and it keeps repeating it. HOW ANNOYING!!’ I want the old version back. This new version doesn’t queue. I love browsing artists and shouldn’t have to pin something etc to get it to play all the top tracks from an artist.

If you click the three buttons and pin it home - you can play the top tracks list.  Still annoying and not sustainable, but works for now.

Is anyone else noticing a lot of skipping in music now?  I’m on a wired 400meg connection that never has ever had an issue - now regular stopping/pauses.

Userlevel 4

@dnc99 did you try pinning the ‘Top Songs’ itself (rather than the artist)?  If you do that and then click on this from your favourites you should get the play option?

Thanks again @trickydiky. Unfortunately it still doesn’t appear to work. I go into the artist “top tracks” in Deezer and then tap the 3 dots and pint it to my collection from there. When I then go back to my favourites and click on it there, what has happened is that it has pinned the artist, not the top tracks. I then get the list of choices under the artist - mix, top tracks, discography, playlists etc. when I select top tracks then I’m back to the problem of playing one track at a time. 
Glad you’ve managed to find a workaround which works for you though 👍

Boujour, l'ancienne version de l'application est disponible sur "aptoide". Sur téléphone Android désinstaller "SONOS" puis tapez directement dans la barre de recherche Google "aptoide" installer l'application, vous devez autoriser les téléchargements de source inconnu dans vos paramètres. Une fois aptoide installé l'application est disponible directement dessus. Pensez a désactivé les mise a jour automatique du play store. 

@dnc99 ahh, sorry to hear that.  Fingers crossed Sonos have some sense and sort these issues out on all platforms!  All the best.

This is really crappy. It’s the number one way I listen to music along with listening to a full album. Please fix this and give us a workaround for now Sonos! 

Running into this as well. This is the main way I use Sonos with Deezer. Hope this will be fixed soon!