Skip to main content

I just installed the new Sonos app. After doing so, all but 2 of my playlists have disappeared? 

Specifically, if I selected Sonos Favorites, then Playlists View All, only 2 playlist are showing . . . countless are MIA.

I sure hope there are instructions for resurrecting my playlist. 

I just installed the new Sonos app. After doing so, all but 2 of my playlists have disappeared? 

Specifically, if I selected Sonos Favorites, then Playlists View All, only 2 playlist are showing . . . countless are MIA.

I have the same problem , totally hate the new interface, lost playlists I worked on for years , wasted so much of my time looking for them, no idea what they are thinking 

Playlists disappeared, would like the original interface back and all my playlists returned 

Anyone fancy a Class Action lawsuit?

This update needs to be rolled back immediately. I've lost all my playlists and there seems to be a focus on media services. I use my media from my Nas drive and I can't access it. 

Is there a quick way to roll back this update on my IOS device? 

This is absolutely terrible from SONOS. I won't be updating it on any other device I have. 

I bet that SONOS is being given a lot of money by streaming services to do this really truly lame thing.

I have my Playlists back!

Woohoo!  But it required a little bit of work on my part…

Ever since the disastrous app update, my Playlists have been visible in the Favorites section of the Android app, but they were greyed-out. If I tried to open them, they didn’t contain any songs.  When one of my Alarms tried to start a Playlist, I just got the Sonos Chime. 

Yesterday, I tried deleting all my Playlists from Sonos Favorites. Then, in the Windows app,  I went to Music Library and opened Imported Playlists.  If I added those back to Sonos Favorites, they still wouldn’t work. But, if I instead selected Add To Sonos Playlist, it offered the opportunity to create New Playlist, and it added all the songs from the Imported Playlist to the new Sonos Playlist.  Now, the Android app displays the playlist (not greyed-out), and the Alarms can start a playlist that actually plays.  So once again I can play my own music from my PC, in playlists that I created, automatically launched at times I choose.

Sonos playlists are not showing anymore or they show “something went wrong try again”, furthermore the app is continuously closing. These problems should be fixed quickly 

I spent years curating playlists in multiplie genres.  I am beyond disappointed that the playlists disappeared overnight AND that there was no notification on the consumer end in efforts to preserve the work.  

Made this login to specifically complain about this horrible update for any Sonos employees that care to read.

As a retail salesperson I pushed Sonos hard because I knew how good their speakers were and how good their support was having a few speakers myself I could confidently tell my customers how happy they would be.

I'm now in a position where I myself hate my speakers for their lackluster software (specifically not being able to add to/edit playlists) because of this update and lack of care and just "meh" attitude from sonos, and I have already had some of my customers come into the store angry at me for having all the things that I sold them on ripped away.

I can tell you now, I will not be buying any more speakers from Sonos, not until they fix/roll back this update and I will most definitely not be recommending any more of their speakers to any of my customers. So not only have they lost me as a customer but any new potential customers I would have brought to them. I'm sure there are plenty of other salespeople in the same position I am in.. I know of at least 2 that I work with!

Fix your S#@t Sonos!

As others have said, I will be hard pressed to purchase another SONOS product. In fact I will NEVER purchase another SONOS product  

I have 5,000 songs in my library. I had happily played them for several years. The latest update will only display the four albums in my iTunes library that show in the recently updated tab. Despite selecting the iTunes music library that shows all my downloaded songs SONOS refuses to let me play my music.  

It's a real shame but SONOS has never been food at software. Now they have idiots directing the mediocre coders. Sad.

I am looking for a SONOS replacement as soon as I sent this message.

The point of a HiFi system is to listen to music.  I have upgraded hardware over the years.  Took me 1 day to remove all the Sonos and replace with a bluesound powered system for my music.  All and all better.  Sonos is no longer the only team that figured out the network.  Time to move on, I am definitely not the Sonos target user anymore.

I had the same issue with my Apple Music playlists. Fifty plus playlists, no titles. If the title didn’t begin with Aa or Zz … a complete pain in the ass. I went into Apple Music, offline from Sonos, hit “Edit” for each playlist, changed the playlist art to another of the choices, and the playlist titles appeared on Sonos. But I am done with Sonos. Its software is crawling with bugs. This is just the latest example. I am buying a system that doesn’t interpose its buggy, unreliable software between my iPhone and my amplifier or speakers. 

I have the same problem , totally hate the new interface, lost playlists I worked on for years , wasted so much of my time looking for them, no idea what they are thinking 

I had the same issue with my Apple Music playlists. Fifty plus playlists, no titles. If the title didn’t begin with Aa or Zz … a complete pain in the ass. I went into Apple Music, offline from Sonos, hit “Edit” for each playlist, changed the playlist art to another of the choices, and the playlist titles appeared on Sonos. But I am done with Sonos. Its software is crawling with bugs. This is just the latest example. I am buying a system that doesn’t interpose its buggy, unreliable software between my iPhone and my amplifier or speakers. 

I tried to contact Sonos client service but couldn’t speak to anyone, same for the chat, waited almost 30 minutes and no one replied.

I really hope they will reply to this thread and solve the issue as quick as possible as it is an unacceptable app issue. 

As above, I have lost all my playlists and the capacity to create lists. These functions are essential. As suggested I have downloaded Sonophone and found all my playlists. 

Sonos are unspeakably inept. If I hadn’t populated my entire house with their products I’d be going elsewhere. I certainly won’t be buying any more of their kit until they get this sorted. Idiots.