Skip to main content
Question

new sonos app. constantly defaults to wrong speaker

• 29 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Next time your company decides to make a “brave” decision about changing your app, I’d suggest making sure it works prior to rollout. 
It is so annoying that getting music to play on a certain speaker is basically a frustrating game of cat and mouse.  Trying to trick the app into not playing on the default speaker is beyond frustrating.  A premium speaker system with a crap app basically becomes a crap speaker system.  Do better. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Next time your company decides to make a “brave” decision about changing your app, I’d suggest making sure it works prior to rollout. 
It is so annoying that getting music to play on a certain speaker is basically a frustrating game of cat and mouse.  Trying to trick the app into not playing on the default speaker is beyond frustrating.  A premium speaker system with a crap app basically becomes a crap speaker system.  Do better. 

Yeah this is a very frustrating bug 100% agree. Some owners say that renaming the rooms has fixed this. It might work for you. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I’ll try it out. I’d prefer the app just worked as opposed to me trying to figure out how to make it work. 

Userlevel 1

I am experiencing the same problem and find it beyond annoying. I have tried trueplay retuning, reinstalling and renaming. It still decides when and if it will play on one stereo pair, none, a different room ….absolutely ridiculous.  Apologies, frustrated rant over, has anyone found a solution?  I’m on an iOS system. 

It seemingly defaults to the first speaker in the list alphabetically. I renamed things to “z room” to move them to the end of the list at least it’s no longer defaulting to that one. Still it should just remember the last group of speakers you were using…

Sorry guys if the suggestion to rename didn’t work. I guess if it’s defaulting to alphabetical then you can move the rooms you don’t want to accidentally blast way down the list. 

Such a ridiculous bug to have released with the app. Cant even play in the freaking room you want to. This app is such a buggy POS. 

OK, this is ridiculous bug that how it passed their testing is beyond me, renaming isn’t the right solution.  I hope this changes as I am not buying anymore speakers, this is defaulting on my main arc so family hears that until I switch, really annoying