Skip to main content
Question

New Sonos App auto-closes when attempting to open after update

• 22 May 2024
  • 4 replies

HP Chromebook running 124.0.6367.225

Sonos install: version 80.01.07-release+20240517.e5cee07

After install of update the app consisting closes upon attempting to launch. Initial splash screen displays for a couple seconds and then closes. A dialog has come up where I can go to Sonos App info to do force stop, etc. I have uninstalled and re-installed numerous times. Have updated the tablet Android software as well and uninstalled and reinstalled the Sonos app. Same issue. App working on my iPhone. Anyone else experiencing this? Anything else I can provide? This is very frustrating...

4 replies

This starting happening to us today.  Running on an HP chromebook.  The app attempts to open then crashes.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled with same result. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

This  is happening to  me too. Old app stopped working on  chomebook  and forced me to update.  The new app just falls  over and closes as soon as I attempt to open  it.  Tried reinstalling several times and messed about with permissions. Nothing works.. Any ideas anyone..

Happening for me too
Any suggestions on how to resolve ?
Web App is not  solution as that does not allow to make system configuraiton adjustments 

Happening for me too
Any suggestions on how to resolve ?
Web App is not  solution as that does not allow to make system configuraiton adjustments 

On Android devices some owners are able to get around the constant crashing by clearing the queue and then only using streaming services, not local libraries. Worth a shot I guess.