For what it is worth, according to this post:

• Screen reader for visually impaired customers: May 21
  • Adding and editing alarms: May 21
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June 
  • Update Wi-Fi settings: mid-June
Userlevel 2

Completely  ridiculous  to  release the  app  before  it  is  ready  and  without  key  features.  Fortunately  I  have   the  controller on  my  Windows  desktop,  so  until  that  is  removed, I’m  able  to  edit my  alarm  settings,  otherwiose i  would be  in the  position  of   having  to unplug all my  sonos  devioces to stop the  alarms  going  off. 

Badge

Hello, another user here that does not like the new app. I can no longer access all my Spotify playlists inside Sonos. It only gives me some of them. This is largely how I used the app. That and my usage of the alarms which are now also apparently gone. Why would you do a major update and make something worse.

Userlevel 2
Badge

What a terrible update.

I now have an alarm blaring away at a time that I needed once, and I can’t access it. It wakes me up in the middle of the night. No way to access any settings, not even on desktop since the desktop Windows app has been stripped from most functionality a long time ago.

What the hell, Sonos?

Since downloading the new app, I now am unable to access setting or even viewing alarms I have set in the previous app. 

Another example of change for changes sake. Things that were simple and intuitive are now difficult and functions that were critical to our experience (alarms) gone. Either roll back this half-baked attempt at an app or fix it fast! 

Removed widget & alarm, in one fell swoop. The 2 things I used on a daily basis.

I was forced to update to the new App. As everyone else. What a disaster!!

I had to reset the whole system. Took me 4 hours to connect everyting again.

The sound disappear from the spealers while playing. I use a Pro-Ject record player connected to a Port och use a Arc, Sub och 2 SL speakers. Connected together with 2 more SL and a Sub mini. So a total of 7 speakers.

In the Arc you can here some cracks after the update. Witch was’nt there before.

I use a Asus Zenwifi XT8 AX6600 AiMesh, and made all the configurations there is on Sonos homepage to connect everything correct, but after the new app. There is way more problems.

And why remove the Alarm???

Which idiot made the alarm function unavailable? We have a whole house and a whole family using the Sonos as alarm function and now I have to train everybody on using a workaround? What where they thinking? Only 50% of our users uses this so we’ll just remove it hoping nothing happens?

Really unbelievable… indeed people should get fired for this. 

So when this going to be solved?

Userlevel 2
Badge

HI,

Following the “most extensive app redesign ever”, all my alarms have stopped working (amongst lots of other things). I can see the alarms via the Windows app but I am unable to make any changes or add new alarms.

I get the error message below. Has anyone got any suggestions for a workaround?

I’ve been using Sonos since 2009 so know my way around the system.

Since the App update I have been unable to turn off my pre set alarms and hence keep getting awoken at stupid times at the weekend. I know the Alarm functionality was not included (big mistake) but has anybody found a was of disabling pre set alarms?

Thanks

Just Found out reading on the Sonos Community that the Alarm feature does not work yet.  Why does this company brag about releasing a software that has problems? 

I made a huge mistake by thinking that the new app would be an improvement. Not only is it buggy, but it took away two of the features I use daily - alarms and sleep timer. As someone with a product management background, I’m actually very curious as to how you go about UAT and beta, and why you would unapologetically release a new version of your software that is actually a functional downgrade. 

The best thing you could do right now is to push the prior version out as a “new” version so we can all go back to using the features that we depend on. And asking me to control everything from my laptop isn’t a good plan B.

Hi

I can’t find the standard functionality “Wake up” in version 80.00.04. Please help me or fix this issue with an updated version.

KR, Roger

Userlevel 2

dear sonos, please bring the alarm back to the mobile app asap.

Why are you wasting time and annoying people by launching a premature app without alarm function? Extreemly annoying! You should at least warn us that this function will be lost If we update to the current useless version.

One workaround, for Android, seems to be to uninstall the app and download the apk of the old version, from for example:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/

The new app is awful. The only reason I have a Sonos move in bedroom is for the alarm!

Why !!! No alarm or timer function on the lastest app update. Also no option to add tracks to queue . What is going on Sonos ??? !!!

Disappointed the alarm function has been removed. Have been using this for many years!  Please replace this before I trade my heavily invested SONOS system for a new one.  To date I have loved the set up but now feeling frustrated.

A loyal customer 

Userlevel 3

We need alarms now not at the next upgrade...give us back the old app -  roll back the app it was better before!!  We could use it and it worked, speakers are now useless for the purpose i got them! Never buying another sonos product ever again if I can only control them through this ** app. 

Hi all,

I have gathered your feedback regarding Alarms in the Sonos app from individual threads and compiled it here. I understand your frustration and can assure this feature will return in a future update, however I can’t provide an ETA on when.

If you have any other suggestions or comments, please let us know by replying here or by posting in the Sonos app announcement thread linked below:

That thread, along with all other feedback, threads, and comments regarding the Sonos app, will be closely monitored and forwarded to the relevant teams.

Why isn't someone responsible/with insight from Sonos answering customers' questions about when the next version with support for alarms will be released? It should be a matter of days instead of weeks. Many are dependent on the alarm functionality.

To me, it seems a bit like Sonos doesn't care about the users who have now bought the product and just ignores their very relevant questions. In general, this app update should not have seen the light of day before there is support for all existing functionality.

Sonos is behaving very unprofessionally!!

Why are Sonos app functions being removed with each of the recent updates? Isn't that a downgrade!? 

First, the ability to play music files on "This Device" was removed, meaning an external Music Library is required to play music files. Second, the Alarm/Timer function is gone,  meaning I have to use my laptop app to set an alarm. Third, my Android app never finds my products when i first start it. I have to shut down the app and restart it. Second time always works but is slow. (don't tell me to restart my router)

I've invested alot of money in Sonos product and no longer have the same functionality as when I first purchased them several years ago.

I'm completely frustrated!

Not only have I lost all my alarms and access to sleep timer but one day later I lost all access to any of my Sonos components! It can't find any on my network and keeps saying they need to be on same network - they are! I've tried both 5G and 2.4G networks - nope! Can't add them as a new system either. Done all the usual - turn everything off rest uninstall blah blah blah. So I basically have 6 very expensive lumpy ornaments and no means of playing music, listen to podcasts or the radio. 

So I've gone out and bought a Bluetooth speaker that just works 🤦🏼‍♀️🤬

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

SERIOUSLY SONOS?!? So, your new app, which auto updates in my phone, deleted every single Sonos playlist I’ve created? And it was, of course, impossible to export them at any point to save them because you don’t allow that. So you vaporized a huge part of my music listening experience.

Do you even TEST your software updates before you release them? Or, if there was going to be no way, you could avoid vaporizing playlists with your new update, which is observed to begin with, possibly warn people, so they could figure out how to manually recreate them?

And where on God’s green Earth have you moved “Alarms” to? I only use that feature regularly for my kid to wake up every morning for school.

I have been a customer for 14 years now, probably $7K invested in your products. No other way to put this, you suck terribly.

I highly doubt you’ll have any solution to bring back the playlists that are completely erased, but if you do, I’m all ears. If not, would love to know what sort of compensation you plan on offering all of your customers whose environments you just trashed with a shoddy software roll-out.

SMFH.