Skip to main content
Answered

New Sonos App

• 15 May 2024
  • 8 replies

The new app is really bad. The features which were iportant to me:

1. Set an alarm with a radio chanell
  2. sleeping timer

are gone, why do you introduce a new app which is worse than the old one?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Alarms are back, according to this. For the sleep timer you’ll need to doze till mid June. 

The new app is really much worse! I hoped with the update to have better functioning because it wasn't that good at all and now it's even worse. 😢😢

It is very slow in connecting. Connection drops even when the app is open. When adjusting volume it often reacts only many seconds later or not at all. 😢😢

Even when Sonos Roam is switched on and visible in the app it doesn't connect. It also doesn't show the battery % anymore. 😢

Unfortunately it is also less user friendly. 😢

Considering to switch to other system 😢

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I have faith that Sonos will sort out the issues.  I like the look of the new app and look forward to seeing the features from the old app being brought back.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Selecting a device to play on is now infuriating. For some reason, it now defaults to a player I almost never use, instead of the one I last used, which was how the old app worked. When I unselect the device I don’t want, and select the device I do want, it can take 3-5 times for it to “stick” and even then it shows it playing on the wrong device even when it is playing on the correct device. 

I’ll give this one more update to fix. Then I’m switching to another vendor. Life is too short.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

When is IDAGIO going to work again? Should I cancel my subscription?

Todo el día sin poder escuchar música pues la aplicación es una auténtica basura, no envía música seleccionada, se queda muerta, he intentado todo y no hay manera, desastre total. Vergüenza ajena 

Userlevel 2

So bad - Sonos please restore functionality- I have never been motivated to take to a chat room but this update is so utterly appalling that I have. It worked, it was intuitive, it allowed you to build queues, access playlists - now it doesn’t. You have created a vastly inferior version of what worked - somebody needs to be sacked ! 

This new app won’t let me play all of my speakers together. I can group my two Play:1’s and Port, but my Roam won’t connect to them, although I can play it alone. Very annoying.

Also, phone support has not been under 60 minutes for two days now. Why don’t you have a call back system?