Skip to main content
Question

new sonos app

• 8 May 2024
  • 9 replies

Listening to podcasts is now missing the skip forward or backward Xsecs. Also not saving the last position I left the podcast, it just starts again from the beginning 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Andyspur, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve checked out systems and don’t see any mention of Podcast features being changed, so try reauthorizing the service you listen to podcasts on, which you can do by following these steps:

In the Sonos app, tap the profile icon → Content Services → Tap your podcast service under Connected Services → Account → Reauthorize Account. If you don’t see an account but instead see “Remove Service” under Connected Accounts, then try removing and re-adding the service.

If that doesn’t resolve this issue, then please reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting.

I hope this helps!

Badge +2

I have the same issue in the new app, 16.1 app still works as expected with saved position and time skip buttons. So this is something else broke/missing in the new app. 

Top one is the old app bottom one is new app. The new app is missing skip forward button. Also doesn’t save progress.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Andyspur and @Adam,

Thanks for the pictures showing the difference. I added Pocket Casts to my system to test and can verify that the skip forward and backwards X-seconds in the podcast buttons aren’t showing for me, though saving progress in the podcast should still work as expected.

I’d recommend rebooting the Sonos app to see if that lets you save progress in the podcast if reauthorizing doesn’t help.

I’ve raised this with our team and will reply here with their findings.

Badge +2

Thanks @Jamie A

I’ve done some more testing, and can confirm that progress is being saved, however what is not being picked up is the previously saved progress of an episode when playing on Sonos, anything played always starts at the beginning.

Additionally, in the old app when browsing Pocket Casts, the release date and length of the episode/remaining time was shown, this is missing from the new app.

Badge

Yeah I'm having similar issue, I can find the station no problem at all but how do I search and find their previous podcast episodes, its no longer there?

In fact there seems to be no search option at all for podcasts, only subscription based pay monthly stuff?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’ve abandoned Pocketcasts as a result of this Sonos app update and gone back to using Spotify for podcasts. I can just use the Spotify app to control my listening, including the ability to skip forward and back by x seconds. As I primarily listen to spoken word content such as podcasts and audiobooks, this update has resulted in me using the actual Sonos app far less, which I cannot imagine was the desired effect on users. I essentially only use the Sonos app to control the volume now. 

I really like Pocketcasts so  I hope they fix this soon.  I also can’t skip ahead, none of my progress persists, and there’s now now memory of what podcast episodes I’ve previously played. 

Still no solution. I use Deezer.  Can I have a refund  please.