Answered

New Router—SiriuxXM "song is not encoded correctly"

• 18 July 2022
  • 2 replies

I just installed a new wifi router and since then have been unable to play any SiriusXM channel due to “song not encoded correctly” through my Sonos Play:1 speakers. Plus, I deleted my Spotify account because I couldn’t play anything either and now can’t add my account back. (I can, however, play Spotify if I use the Spotify app directly to my Sonos system.) Pandora seems to work fine.

I’ve rebooted my speakers and router and forgotten my existing network. And when I try creating a new network, my app doesn’t recognize the speakers that I own — just ones that I believe were part of a Air BnB place I stayed a few months ago.

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 July 2022, 09:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DomR 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your speakers (Master Bedroom and Kitchen) are currently online, meaning you’ve either fixed (part of) the issue since posting here, or the issue isn’t getting your speakers connected to your network but getting your Sonos app to talk to them. Do you have any devices that extend your WiFi range? If so, please try the Sonos app again with these devices turned off.

If you still see evidence of the B&B’s system when opening the app, you can reset the Sonos app (Settings » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset), restart the app, then opt to “Connect to existing system”.

If these steps don’t work, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, and your network.

I hope this helps.

Hey Corry,

Thanks for the quick response! I tried everything you suggested, and unfortunately nothing worked. I’ll try tech support and see if they can help.

Cheers,

Dom