Answered

New Modem

• 27 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Previously set up on modem. New modem. What are the steps to reset up to new modem.

Reboot?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 November 2022, 10:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Got a new wi fi modem. Previosly set up on old modem. I could not find any info on app on how  to connect to new modem.

Please give step by step instructions

Userlevel 7

If possible, use the exact same SSID (network name) and password as the old router/modem. Your Sonos speakers won’t know the difference and should automatically connect to the new network.

We had to change the password and network name.

Please give me step by step what I need to do as I could not find this info online. It sounded like I need to factory reset the whole thing but they don't recommend that...but if you do need to do that there are no instructions for that. I have had nothing but headaches with this system...and now more headaches. Ugh

Last year I spent 2 hours on the phone trouble shooting to get the system to work with my new phone.

Jan

Userlevel 7

Follow the instructions in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You state “We had to change the password and network name.” For security reasons or because the standard wifi credentials on the new modem are different?

If it is the second, please be aware most modems allow for their SSID and wifi password being changed.

So are you saying that a new modem and new password shouldn't make a difference in Sonos connecting to the wi fi.?

Initially when trying to connect to the speaker one had a white light the other a blue light but no connection was ever made as noted on the app.  After the first failed connection both lights are now white.