Skip to main content

New Ios App 80.02.04

New iOS and Adroid updates released.

Also firmware update.

ht @press250 

PSA #1: firmware update is v16.2 build 79153290, remains compatible with Android v16.1 app

PSA #2: Windows desktop app also updated today, works fine

PSA#3: Windows/Mac desktop apps remain on the old codebase, making them a superb diagnostic and debug tool. If you’re experiencing trouble with the new app, see if the problem exists in the Windows/Mac app. This may help isolate things and save you grief and frustration.

80.02.03 (Android)
80.02.02 (iOS)

Release date: 6/4/2024

In this update:

• Added support for the all new Sonos Ace headphones

• Added sleep timer settings

• Added “play next” and “add to end of queue”

• Improved Home Feed scrolling

• Improved setup reliability

• Added WiFi configuration for products with BLE

• Improved battery consumption for Bluetooth discovery

• Improved ability to update older firmware systems

• Further improved navigation for visually-impaired customers

• Added VoiceOver support to read toast message automatically on iOS

• Introduced mute button on iOS

• Improved local library connectivity

• Improved Trueplay setup on iOS

• Added distance settings for surrounds

• Added line-out settings for Sonos Port

App requirements

• Android 8.0 or later
  • iOS 16 or later
  • iPadOS 16 or later
  • Fire OS 7 and higher

https://support.sonos.com/en-ca/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

• Sleep timer should be available from “Now Playing” screen - three dots icon at the bottom right. I can see this icon there but it always appears to be inactive (like greyed out) and tapping there does not do anything on my device 

Happy to get the sleep timer back but using my “Music Library” as a source (locally on my PC) the three dots are greyed out.  

Plex, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, Pandora, Sonos Radio, Spotify and YouTube Music  - three dots not greyed out and sleep timer is there - unfortunately Music Library is the only service that I use the sleep timer for.  Any clue if this was a miss or something that is being worked on to get back?

Userlevel 2
Badge

• Sleep timer should be available from “Now Playing” screen - three dots icon at the bottom right. I can see this icon there but it always appears to be inactive (like greyed out) and tapping there does not do anything on my device 

Happy to get the sleep timer back but using my “Music Library” as a source (locally on my PC) the three dots are greyed out.  

Plex, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, Pandora, Sonos Radio, Spotify and YouTube Music  - three dots not greyed out and sleep timer is there - unfortunately Music Library is the only service that I use the sleep timer for.  Any clue if this was a miss or something that is being worked on to get back?

Thank you for confirming I am not the only one with this problem. This is so ridiculous, almost surreal... How come that they release an update and claim something in the release notes which is only half-truth. I think that Local Music Library is the essential tool for anyone who is seriously into music. All functions of Sonos app must must work with local Music Library.

Userlevel 1

Still no local library search, and still ads for Sonos products. UI is terrible. I miss my dedicated Sonos remote from my first Sonos setup.  Seriously considering replacing my two complete sonos setups. Does anyone have experience with bluesound? 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for confirming I am not the only one with this problem. This is so ridiculous, almost surreal... How come that they release an update and claim something in the release notes which is only half-truth. I think that Local Music Library is the essential tool for anyone who is seriously into music. All functions of Sonos app must must work with local Music Library.

In my case (iOS 80.02.04, all updates done), sleep timer is not at all visible in the ‘three dot options list’. My Wife’s app however does show sleep timer at that location. 

Anyone who can help me get the sleep timer visible on my iPhone? Any suggestion is very much appreciated!

In my case (iOS 80.02.04, all updates done), sleep timer is not at all visible in the ‘three dot options list’. My Wife’s app however does show sleep timer at that location. 

Anyone who can help me get the sleep timer visible on my iPhone? Any suggestion is very much appreciated!

Are you using a VPN or DNS that includes ad blocking or anti tracking? This will block new features from being active in the app. If you don’t, try deleting the app and reinstalling. 

Userlevel 1

Are you using a VPN or DNS that includes ad blocking or anti tracking? This will block new features from being active in the app. If you don’t, try deleting the app and reinstalling. 

Thanks for this solution; my VPN with adblocker was the cause indeed!