Skip to main content
Answered

New Controller missing "Manage" entries

• 20 August 2024
  • 4 replies

So I needed to check my Music Library settings on my Android Controller App to respond to another post here. Opened the controller and the Manage menu doesn’t have a Music Library setting. Checked the About screen and the controller is exactly the same version as on another Android that is showing it with no issues.

Tried a Controller device reboot and still the issue persists.

The Alarm option is also missing on the problem controller.

I have seen another post with the same issue on an Android device. Maybe the update tomorrow will fix this?

So I needed to check my Music Library settings on my Android Controller App to respond to another post here. Opened the controller and the Manage menu doesn’t have a Music Library setting. Checked the About screen and the controller is exactly the same version as on another Android that is showing it with no issues.

Tried a Controller device reboot and still the issue persists.

The Alarm option is also missing on the problem controller.

Have you rebooted your router? I kid, I kid 🤣

If you run pihole or similar or have some network security running this could stop the Sonos app from flagging these features for install on the app. 

If you do, you may need to whitelist  .cdn.optimizely.com

There may be others you need to whitelist as well. 

Then delete and reinstall the app. 
You can block the domain again after the fresh install. 

The really odd thing, that got me to post was it is missing on one, there on another.

The router reboot isn't off the table, that has solved unexplainable issues in the past.

I'll also check my Pi-Hole logs again, all my controllers "should" be in an excluded group though. Maybe force a connection to a different Sonos just to see.

The really odd thing, that got me to post was it is missing on one, there on another.

The router reboot isn't off the table, that has solved unexplainable issues in the past.

I'll also check my Pi-Hole logs again, all my controllers "should" be in an excluded group though. Maybe force a connection to a different Sonos just to see.

Probably a delete and reinstall will fix it then if the issue isn’t on the other controllers and they have the same filtering profile through your pihole. (Or not as about the only consistent thing with this software is its inconsistency).